Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone. I have my profile set so that I get instant email notification for threads I'm subscribed to. Unfortunately I am not getting any emails sent when there are new posts to a subscribed thread. Any ideas?

Thanks

·
Banned
10,354 Posts
The board was just reset/maint recently....go back into your prefs, set all to default....restart, and make your custom settings again...remember to hit the "save" button....if you keep having issues after that, PM me....

·
Administrator
364 Posts
Hey everyone. I have my profile set so that I get instant email notification for threads I'm subscribed to. Unfortunately I am not getting any emails sent when there are new posts to a subscribed thread. Any ideas?

Thanks
I just reset your settings for you. Could you let me know if it helped. You can also try adding our bounce email([email protected]) to your safe senders list to help prevent our emails from being throttled.

~ dm, community support

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Didn't seem to have any effect. I don't even get notices for PM's. I'll try Wolfie's suggestion. Btw, I checked my spam folder as well and nothing there. Weird.

Don

I just reset your settings for you. Could you let me know if it helped. You can also try adding our bounce email([email protected]) to your safe senders list to help prevent our emails from being throttled.

~ dm, community support

·
Banned
10,354 Posts
Try logging in usin IE....make your preferences settings, then use whichever browser after....this board (vBulletin prog) seems to like IE best....
also....duhhh on my part....make sure you entered yer email in properly in yer profile, lol....I shouldda mentioned that first.....and ya, it happens, eh....
If yer registered email is wrong....well....lol....somebody been gettin yer notifications....lol

·
Alpha Geek
487 Posts
I still don't get notifications. I'm not sure I ever did. I'm sure there are several threads where people expected me to reply and I didn't because I simply don't' remember to.

Yse, I've checked my spam, blah blah, all that. The company who bought the board needs to fix the damned thing or they need to move over and let someone who knows what the #*$& they're doing handle things.

·
Administrator
364 Posts
Your subscription and notifications were all turned off, I've turned them on with daily notifications. If you like you can go into your user settings and switch it to weekly or instant.
KN Community Support

·
2014 KLR 650!
3,365 Posts
Your subscription and notifications were all turned off, I've turned them on with daily notifications. If you like you can go into your user settings and switch it to weekly or instant.
KN Community Support
It's as if God came down and blessed us with his message :)

·
Registered
499 Posts
Are notifications working at all at this point? I haven't gotten notifications for any thread since joining. Subscription mode is set to instant email notification, email address is correct, and nothing going to my spam folder.

·
Administrator
364 Posts
Are notifications working at all at this point? I haven't gotten notifications for any thread since joining. Subscription mode is set to instant email notification, email address is correct, and nothing going to my spam folder.
Sending you a PM so we can confirm your email on our end.

Kevin

·
Registered
499 Posts
Sent you a response. I got an instant email notification of the PM, I've just never seen anything for thread subscriptions.

·
Administrator
364 Posts
Sent you a response. I got an instant email notification of the PM, I've just never seen anything for thread subscriptions.
Have you tried adding [email protected] to your safe email list? Those emails regarding thread subscriptions may be slipping into the junk mail. I looked at your settings in the backend and it looks like you should be getting them.

~Sheena

·
Registered
499 Posts
[email protected] matched for two messages: The original 'Welcome to Kawasaki 750 Forum' message on the day I signed up, and the notification of the PM you sent earlier. Nothing else in inbox, junk, trash, etc. For what it's worth, I do have quite a few @vsobr.com messages from another forum that have come through just fine and are delivered directly to the inbox.

If they're being blocked, it must be happening long before the point of delivery. I went ahead and added the address to contacts, but I don't think it will accomplish anything at this point. If helpful, I can try using another non-gmail address just to see if the behavior changes.

·
Registered
499 Posts
Just to confirm - other users are getting notifications by email to threads they've subscribed to?

·
Administrator
364 Posts
We're not receiving any other reports of this happening, so for now we can assume that it has either something to do with your email, or your account settings on our end. Go ahead and try changing your email to an alternate and see if it makes a difference. If it fixes that will tell us a lot of where to look for a problem.

And since if we may end sending this to our tech team, please try clearing your cookies and cache. They will ask :)

Kevin

·
Registered
499 Posts
What do cookies and cache have to do with message delivery? And which device would you like them cleared on? Work laptop, home laptop, cell phone, tablet, etc? This is not an endpoint device issue.

·
Registered
499 Posts
I've created a second account for testing purposes, tied to a Yahoo email address. Exact same behavior as the gmail based account. Email notification for PM's works just fine. Nothing is received for thread notifications. It's not going to inbox, junk, deleted, or anywhere else.

Can you ask your tech team to check outbound email logs to confirm the messages are being sent? Shouldn't be difficult to verify.

·
Registered
8,254 Posts
Test bump.

Don't think I've ever seen a notification either.

·
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
16,223 Posts
Don't either.sorry Calebj for not answering your pm,but guess what,my pm box is full;)

1 - 20 of 30 Posts