Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Ba dum dum, ching...
542 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So Spring is in the air. The birds are chirping, the flowers are starting to bloom and the bikes are coming out of their winter burrows and starting to growl. Anyway, yesterday I get home from work about 6 and it’s still warm and light enough to take a short spin. I get her out run my pre-flight check fire her up and head out. Now there is a road not far from me that is great for riding on. Some great twists and turns changes in elevation and a stretch about ¾ miles long that’s straight and level with nothing but a farm on the left and a golf course on the right (great for blowing out the carbs). So I turn on to this piece of paved Heaven and what do I find? Over the winter the freakin’ Municipal water authority chopped up the road to install a new water line. NOT ON THE SHOULDER, RIGHT DOWN THE FREAKIN’ MIDDLE OF THE LANE!!! AND WHEN THEY CLOSED UP THE ROAD THEY LEFT THE NEW PAVEMENT ALL BUMPY WITH HUGE EDGE TRAPS ON EITHER SIDE!!!! AAAAARRRRRGGGGGHHHHH!!!!! Stupid @#%#%&^***^%^%$#[email protected]!!! They ruined a great road and I’m pissed!

Rant over,

R

·
The Professor
3,147 Posts
So Spring is in the air. The birds are chirping, the flowers are starting to bloom and the bikes are coming out of their winter burrows and starting to growl. Anyway, yesterday I get home from work about 6 and it’s still warm and light enough to take a short spin. I get her out run my pre-flight check fire her up and head out. Now there is a road not far from me that is great for riding on. Some great twists and turns changes in elevation and a stretch about ¾ miles long that’s straight and level with nothing but a farm on the left and a golf course on the right (great for blowing out the carbs). So I turn on to this piece of paved Heaven and what do I find? Over the winter the freakin’ Municipal water authority chopped up the road to install a new water line. NOT ON THE SHOULDER, RIGHT DOWN THE FREAKIN’ MIDDLE OF THE LANE!!! AND WHEN THEY CLOSED UP THE ROAD THEY LEFT THE NEW PAVEMENT ALL BUMPY WITH HUGE EDGE TRAPS ON EITHER SIDE!!!! AAAAARRRRRGGGGGHHHHH!!!!! Stupid @#%#%&^***^%^%$#[email protected]!!! They ruined a great road and I’m pissed!

Rant over,

R[/QUOTE

That is so you can test the suspension and check for loose bolts! :rockon:LOL :rockon:

·
Old Twistie Sticks Rider
5,072 Posts
What did you expect, common sense, from a Municipal Government...????
Like Washington, what they don't screw up they crap on, at our expense of course...
Have a good one...Old Dog...

·
fuzz
138 Posts
ride faster , so you will fly over the bumps :beerchug:

Rant over,

R

·
Addicted to Projects
545 Posts
If it ain't screwed up, the government hasn't tried to fix it yet!

·
Ba dum dum, ching...
542 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
1 - 6 of 6 Posts