Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The problem im having goes something like this and i hope some one can help.
When i start the bike and let it warm upfor a minute or two.Then I go riding with the temp right at the normal line in 4 or 5 gear the intake becomes very throaty sounding, and it starts to stumble and then stalls. I then pull over to the side of the road and it takes a little bit before it will start. Then it runs rough and a little of running the engine at 3000 rpm it clears up and then is ok
and will run fine all day long. if any one can help thank you

·
Once Banned
2,125 Posts
Hmmm... running the Seafoam through it would be a good start.

·
Uber Member
1,280 Posts
yep its the seafoam trick.... if i had a nickel everytime seafoam worked.....

·
Registered
87 Posts
So I have had the same problem but I used seafoam and the problem returned after that tank of gas was up....any ideas?

·
Geek
872 Posts
Keep putting it in. It sometimes takes a while to clean out the gunk.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Mine does that if I start it without the choke. It doesn't seem to build enough vacuum to open the fuel petcock, it would then just burn what was in the carb bowl and then die. I've been starting it using the choke (even when warm) and it hasn't done it since.

·
Premium Member
4,054 Posts
Depending on what's stuck in there, seafoam might not be able to clear it. If it's a fuel by-product like varnish or gel, seafoam will eliminate it, but a small spec of rust, or rubber will just be there until you can clean it out or get it to move.

·
Waffle House regular…
60 Posts
Hizzo3 said:
yep its the seafoam trick.... if i had a nickel everytime seafoam worked.....
If I had a nickel for every time it’s mentioned on this forum!!!

(p.s. I use Seafoam religiously.);)

·
Search Goddess
2,002 Posts
Check the vent hole in your gas cap. It may be plugged and the gas needs proper venting (both in and out) to maintain proper vacuum.
The other thing to check is the hose in the right ear (air filter casing) Make sure it is properly seated and the tip is cut at 45 degrees so it doesn't bottom out. If the ears have been removed (also known as an ear shave) the make sure the hose is not kinked or pinched and is routed so that it gets good air flow

·
Premium Member
4,054 Posts
Pink Willie said:
If I had a nickel for every time it’s mentioned on this forum!!!

(p.s. I use Seafoam religiously.);)

I did a search on "seafoam" couple days ago and I think there were 5 pages of threads where seafoam was mentioned.

·
Now what
400 Posts
fergy said:
I did a search on "seafoam" couple days ago and I think there were 5 pages of threads where seafoam was mentioned.
We do enjoy our SeaFoam!:beerchug:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts