Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
16,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Strange Days 7 has moved this year to Oakland Valley Speedway Strange Days: Big News! STRANGE DAYS 7 I'm gonna post up the site for Oakland Valley Speedway later

Sent from my LGL34C using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Did they say why? Not that I mind, not having to do that gravel hill in and out haha

·
Alpha Geek
487 Posts
Hey, that potholed, washed out gravel drive was a trial by fire! If you couldn't ride it, you didn't belong there, haha!

Yeah, it's moved, probably because of the noise complaints and ****tard kids from Vernon throwing everything on the bonfire and pissing off the fire marshal the last 2 years, glass in the fire pit, etc. I also don't mind getting out of Vernon because some were just coming up to party, and it's on the Heroin Highway. Big stop for guys like that one ******* who was trying to sell from a brick of coke out of the back of his van. I don't care what people BYO or share, but we don't need that kind of schist.

It would have been cool to use the portal for Wolfie's memorial but I dont' know what we're going to do for that now. Dripshovel said there will be a bonfire, but it's not at the same place. What do you think, Doc or KC?

·
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
16,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
hell my lower than a crack whore on payday cb750 handled that road better than a crack whore on a $10 blow job.she's such a little whore.

·
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
16,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If you guys are in I'll try it.let me look at the racetracks site.Wolfie told me once after he dies Strange days will not be the same.I thought he meant metaphorically

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
I remember following KC up and down that hill on my Honda and butthole was very puckered lol. I hate gravel. Lost a bike getting onto a highway once because of gravel. I'll definitely ride up for the day again.

·
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
16,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
hell at least you didn't ride up that on a tent peg.

·
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
16,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I asked for that Saturday off,so I'll be there

·
Alpha Geek
487 Posts
Updated

Dedication to the Great White Wolf:
Several songs can be dedicated to Wolfie throughout the event. Saturday night, when family can attend, there will be a eulogy read from the stage courtesy of Doc and a special song dedication! During the usual Strange Days bike show awards, the Rat Bike trophy this year will also be dedicated in honor of Wolfie and his Bessie!

Toast to Wolfie:
I'm bringing a good potato vodka from my family for everyone to share and I did get a little Schöenauer Apfel liqueur!
I'm planning on getting some things to grill if we can make a fire.
I'll also get some sandwich stuff, chips, non-alcoholic drinks, etc.

Activities:
We'll be getting to NJ Thursday night.
Friday I'll be receiving Wolfie's ashes to bring him up to Strange Days to party with us!
Probably Friday before Strange Days (maybe Sunday after) we'll be going to Motorcyclepedia Museum.
Sunday, we will begin scattering Wolfie's ashes at a few of his favorite places, maybe hitting a couple of his favorite watering holes to cool off.

We still need:
  • Canopy - Does anyone have a canopy or party tent in case it's really sunny or rains?
  • A real grill
And don't forget to check out the upcoming 1st Annual Wolfie Run the weekend of the 28th!

Wolfie memorial patches:
delayed and not going to be ready for SD7, but I'm still going to get some made eventually. I guess we can still bring some concept art and pass around a sign up sheet at Strange Days and the Wolfie Run or anything else like that.

·
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
16,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
if we have a fire,I can cook.frying pan directly on coals, even set a grate on something

·
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
16,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
cool just looked up the place.it's on Rt 7,or Oakland Valley Rd just south of Cuddleback on RT 209.ain't been through there in about 27 years.I have an Uncle and Aunt that live off 209 down in Huguenot

·
Alpha Geek
487 Posts
Sounds good! Hopefully we can make a fire. If not, we might anyway, lol. If we can't get away with that, I can always get sandwich stuff.

Maaaan this thread is deserted without Wolfie here to pull everyone together! How many are coming?
Me, Ryan (Bear), Britnie, Doc.
Anthony will be there at least part of the time, and Catherine will join us Saturday for the eulogy and stuff.

Anyone else? I'll need to know how much stuff to buy!

·
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
16,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
might look into price of a small charcoal grille

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
might look into price of a small charcoal grille

I won't be able to make it this year guys. Wasn't sure if I was gonna make it but I threw my back out early this morning. Been laid up on the couch drinking bourbon for the past few hours. But anyway.. I have two small grills if KC wants to grab em. But I think he's going Saturday so not sure that would even help.

·
Thats 'Mr' Jr Member
249 Posts
This sounds like an interesting event. I never knew Wolfie, but I've read a lot of his postings. I wish I could make it up there, it would no doubt be a good ride and camp trip. Maybe in a couple of years when I take my retirement.

BTW, isn't Route-209 what the truckers used to call the Ho Chi Minh Trail back in the 1970s?

·
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
16,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I won't be able to make it this year guys. Wasn't sure if I was gonna make it but I threw my back out early this morning. Been laid up on the couch drinking bourbon for the past few hours. But anyway.. I have two small grills if KC wants to grab em. But I think he's going Saturday so not sure that would even help.
heh we'll duck tape a bunch of two by fours to ya and fill ya full of darvosets(you're at a bike meet,lol,the only drug you won't be able to find is extra strength Tylenol ) and you'll be good to go. lol

·
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
16,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
This sounds like an interesting event. I never knew Wolfie, but I've read a lot of his postings. I wish I could make it up there, it would no doubt be a good ride and camp trip. Maybe in a couple of years when I take my retirement.

BTW, isn't Route-209 what the truckers used to call the Ho Chi Minh Trail back in the 1970s?
oh yeah Wolfie was a fooking trip.209 is a nice ride through NY

·
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
16,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
all packed up.just gotta shower and I'm outs tha door.getting pumped.will be good to see some brothers I don't see a lot(and sisters too)get to meet some new people, and get to pay respect to a brother who is no longer with us(but I know he'll be there) see you all in the morning,God willing. and KC,I'm gonna be ringing on the way down

·
Headbanger/Popes of Hell
6,735 Posts
I hope all went well and all had a good/safe trip.:motorcycl

1 - 20 of 39 Posts