Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 157 Posts

·
Banned
10,354 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im too shot to write anything today...6 hrs sleep in the last 4 days, and a tent flies away last night in a mini tornado....more later.....add yer pics/vids here.......

·
Alpha Geek
487 Posts
I'm beat too. I'll go through my photos in the next day or so. And you have first post so you can just edit that later to collect everyone's stuff in one post if you want to

·
Banned
10,354 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Part 1.....Friday...

Me and the guys been preppin for 3 weeks before.....all seemed to be set....Im sick Thurs, and got little done.....scramblin Fri and Thurs night....

I slept 2 hrs Thurs night....Fri morning Goofin shows up a lil after 10am....we start moving coolers outside.....
KC and Merc come by about 12:30 I think it was....thats ok though....we load up the trailer and head over the mountain......stop at a Price Chopper along the way....5 of us go shoppin.....$125 bucks....whoa....

Anyway....we head down towards the Jersey border.....get to the Rickey Farm and turn in.....(mostly gravel road going up the mountain to a pasture)....only 3 other groups there....cool....we pick the ultimate spot for breeze....sunset, sunrise,moonrise, moonset....all are happy......we start the setup of the BIG tent.....1/2 hr, went fine.....we set up the second smaller right after (cooking area)....

Rested a bit....had a few....and Tommy (V2k) and Bill showed....cool....
Hex had called KC for directions...he was just 1/2 hr away but slept late....he showed....when I saw him, I wanted to proof him (looks REAL young, but is 30s, and a helluva guy).....

Place was fillin up by this time.....we ate (BBQ)....walked around a bit, and at dark they started the bonfire......the sunset sucked, sky was too clear....the moonrise however was awesome !!!!!

....more tomorrow....

·
Headbanger/Popes of Hell
6,733 Posts
:worthless

sorry Wolfie. had to do it. being a "pic whore" and all! ;)

·
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
16,209 Posts
in typical Doc fashion,about 1/2 hr into the trip,hit a LARGE bump and lose my toolbag and split a saddlebag,losing my water and oil.my return trip I was a little more prepared(pics will show) and didn't lose a thing.had to wait out three large thunderstorms,seem like I kept running up a line of them.was a great time though and met some great folks.:beerchug:

·
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
16,209 Posts

·
Alpha Geek
487 Posts
Most of the photos on my good camera got corrupted somehow. I mostly just have shots of the the VW turbo diesel pics for my friend back home and a few of our group. There are also a couple dozen of custom bikes that I'll get around to uploading tonight.

Just a few shots of our group so far..

Yeah, the road up to the site was a little loose. I hope nobody spilled on it. The way I see it, if you can't ride loose gravel with potholes up a hill, you don't need to be at a bike rally ;)

The moon was awesome for sure. A bright glow around the mountain, then a few bright beams poked through the trees, then it broke over the ridge in just a couple of minutes. It was bright enough that I could almost read a newspaper and we had to set our long exposure photos back down to a few seconds just to make it look like night again!

·
Registered
3,353 Posts
that's fair enough. :beerchug:
aww mann...c'mon Ruger....
you know I was just bustin your horns....but you took the fun out of it by giving in too easy.
:boxing:

Hope to ride with you and a few others in that part of the country next year...I should have more vacation time and am really looking forward to meeting up with you all. I need a cross country trip, and I am inspired by Hex who rode up here from Iowa (and was awarded a prize for it BTW).
:motorcycl:motorcycl:motorcycl

·
Headbanger/Popes of Hell
6,733 Posts
aww mann...c'mon Ruger....
you know I was just bustin your horns....but you took the fun out of it by giving in too easy.
:boxing:

Hope to ride with you and a few others in that part of the country next year...I should have more vacation time and am really looking forward to meeting up with you all. I need a cross country trip, and I am inspired by Hex who rode up here from Iowa (and was awarded a prize for it BTW).
:motorcycl:motorcycl:motorcycl
well, I thought that was fair since, that's what I said about my trip to the "Hills". but then again, I did give up a little bit of what did happen. sorry, there really were no pic's to post. we were all too busy drinking beer! lol

as for getting to ride together......I was really hoping to get a chance to ride this year and not have to wait until next year. :beerchug:

·
Banned
10,354 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks Hex fer puttin up the pics....hopin Merc will get his up soon....I aint doin part 2 of my writeup tonight (tomorrow)....shot...and spent almost 3 hrs at DMV today, and was havin problems breathing....but the Camry is now MINE ! (soon as Mom passes, its sold)....hate that car....gonna use it for a down on a Vaquero...

All you guys that showed, love ya.....thanx !!!.......its an event that even if ya only make one, will set in yer memory for the rest of yer life....

·
Headbanger/Popes of Hell
6,733 Posts
Most of the photos on my good camera got corrupted somehow. I mostly just have shots of the the VW turbo diesel pics for my friend back home and a few of our group. There are also a couple dozen of custom bikes that I'll get around to uploading tonight.

Just a few shots of our group so far..

Yeah, the road up to the site was a little loose. I hope nobody spilled on it. The way I see it, if you can't ride loose gravel with potholes up a hill, you don't need to be at a bike rally ;)

The moon was awesome for sure. A bright glow around the mountain, then a few bright beams poked through the trees, then it broke over the ridge in just a couple of minutes. It was bright enough that I could almost read a newspaper and we had to set our long exposure photos back down to a few seconds just to make it look like night again!
ok, now I see how this is going to be......pic's are "corrupted" somehow. yeah, right.;) lol

as far as the road to the site......some of us don't have a problem riding up hill on loose gravel with potholes. it's the ride down hill that's the problem! :doh: lol with that being said, maybe it's a good thing I didn't go!

·
Premium Member
968 Posts
yep we are keeping those pics a big secrete. im hoping mercs night shots turn out.
well after my friend left i was able to crash hard. 16 hours of sleep does one good. i know you guys like redheads but i got to tell ya, a 22 year old latina chic with daddy issues is gonna give that redhead a run for her money.
back to work for 4 days then doing a ride with some brothers.
Hex, you be extra safe on the road, make sure you check in here until you get back to iowa

·
Banned
10,354 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Hat Roog...we can always send ya down the back pasture way....its grass till ya get to 94 and then ya just traverse the 45degree bank fer 15 feet to the blacktop.....lol....*siiiigh*....flatlanders...... ;)

I was still partially sheitfaced when I left there Sun morning....but managed a few 2nd gear burnouts in the gravel comin down, lol.....

It aint really that bad.....guys with Goldwings made it up and down.....its gradual, and a combo of blacktop and gravel....

·
Registered
2,051 Posts
Here are the pictures I got....

Should have walked around more, but I didn't the camera was on the tripod a few times folks would take it and take random shots, I do that so it is like one of the wedding cameras, you just start snapping pics.

lol

the dirt road was not bad, up and down with 2 was fine.

I wish i can get 16 hours of sleep, I need it.

http://s376.photobucket.com/user/mercury45/library/Strange days 4

·
Headbanger/Popes of Hell
6,733 Posts
Hat Roog...we can always send ya down the back pasture way....its grass till ya get to 94 and then ya just traverse the 45degree bank fer 15 feet to the blacktop.....lol....*siiiigh*....flatlanders...... ;)

I was still partially sheitfaced when I left there Sun morning....but managed a few 2nd gear burnouts in the gravel comin down, lol.....

It aint really that bad.....guys with Goldwings made it up and down.....its gradual, and a combo of blacktop and gravel....
yeah, well, I tried that once (WITH the wife on the back!) that didn't workout too good for me either!.......lets just say, my VN750 got a "custom" job like NO others have and one that NO one wants! :BLAM: I STILL have the "custom" tank and speedo from that "fun" ride!

·
Premium Member
968 Posts
I wish i can get 16 hours of sleep, I need it.
you could but id bet lynn would kick your ass

·
Banned
10,354 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Ive still barely slept since....passed out on my bed fully clothed last night....mebbe got 4 hrs.....its worth the agony afterwards though....its temporary....

1 - 20 of 157 Posts