Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I keep hearing about havign to rejet your bike after coverting to straight pipes. Does anyone have any experience in this subject, or have any insight on the subject

·
Registered
140 Posts
Well, I haven't done it with this machine. But My experience after many yrs of wrenching pretty much anything is that if all you do is remove the baffles you can sometimes get away without re-jetting. However, you're much better off(so is your motor) in re jetting. cause you just leaned out an already lean machine(from the factory to pass emissions).
Also, if you remove the baffles AND change the amount of intake air (Ear shave for VN's) like adding a K&N, YOU MUST RE JET!. Otherwise you'll see excessive bluing on the head pipes. It could also result in burnt valves too! my .02:smiley_th

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
no need to rejet if I drill baffles?

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Is drilling the baffles worth it? Improve sound? What about the performance? And how many holes should I drill i was gonna use a 3/8 inch bit

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I want to straight pipe it or do v&ns just on a tight budjet being a small business owner isn't necesarily flurishing in this economy but that's a whole nother subject that doesn't need to be brought up lol

·
Registered
13 Posts
staight pipe rejet

I put vance & hines on my 04 last summer. I recommend the rejet highly. Its not very hard. In fact the shop sold me the same primaries that I had so come winter I think I'll pull the carbs and increase them. I went up 2 sizes in the secondary if I remember correctly. I'll check on that. I stll need to (ear) in. Just learned that trick today.

·
Super Moderator
11,937 Posts
I want to straight pipe it or do v&ns just on a tight budjet being a small business owner isn't necesarily flurishing in this economy but that's a whole nother subject that doesn't need to be brought up lol
Then save your money and leave your exhaust alone. Keep the world peaceful.

KM

·
Registered
98 Posts
Then save your money and leave your exhaust alone. Keep the world peaceful.

KM
My bike came without stock exhaust so I am running straight pipes. My motorcycle sounds good idling, but at 70mph it looses the deepness that you're probably looking for and sounds metric. Its so loud it wracks my nerves. Im looking for some type of mufflers now.

·
Super Moderator
11,937 Posts
My bike came without stock exhaust so I am running straight pipes. My motorcycle sounds good idling, but at 70mph it looses the deepness that you're probably looking for and sounds metric. Its so loud it wracks my nerves. Im looking for some type of mufflers now.
I know a few folks were pretty happy with some slip ons they bought at JC Whitney. These were the "Fish Tail" ones sold for Harleys I think.

Anyone have a link or info?

KM

·
On His Lady Vulcan
1,647 Posts
You can buy aftermarket baffles, ebay is littered with them on the cheap.

·
Registered
98 Posts
You can buy aftermarket baffles, ebay is littered with them on the cheap.
Im sorry about hijacking Helmdog's thread.

Would weld in baffles without glass packing it work? My pipes are 2" from the manifold back. Seems like I could just weld in some of those racing baffles. I have seen them before, but I couldnt find any on summit or jc whitney on the fly to post a link. Would I have to jet again if I went that route?

·
On His Lady Vulcan
1,647 Posts
Im sorry about hijacking Helmdog's thread.

Would weld in baffles without glass packing it work? My pipes are 2" from the manifold back. Seems like I could just weld in some of those racing baffles. I have seen them before, but I couldnt find any on summit or jc whitney on the fly to post a link. Would I have to jet again if I went that route?
Or do it simpler by just set screwing them in. No on the jetting if you put in the baffles.

·
Linkmeister Supreme
7,960 Posts
same 2 spammers reported again

1 - 16 of 16 Posts