1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
308 Posts
This is the online price. I have this week's sales ad and my instore price is $5. This would be for Little Rock, Arkansas store. Its the closest one to me.

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Not a bad idea, but I ordered 3 of the little ones, one for each bike.

DT

·
Columbus, Ohio
523 Posts
There is a better hookup for bikes. Instead of a big set of alligator clips you can have a dedicated male/female plug that stays on the bike. Much handier, espcially for float, or maintenence charging. Wish I had a picture.
Most trickle chargers are cheap, anyway, so you might as well find the best one.

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
There is a better hookup for bikes. Instead of a big set of alligator clips you can have a dedicated male/female plug that stays on the bike. Much handier, espcially for float, or maintenence charging.
I have both types (my VN has the plug in) but for winter storage of my other bikes, I take the battery out of the frame so It doesn't matter much what type in use.

·
Columbus, Ohio
523 Posts
No. The one I am talking about leaves just a female plug on a short wire connected to the battery in the same way as the one you show, but the charger stays home. The plug protrudes from under the seat in a discreet manner, to be used when you want to chage it. It enables you to charge without removing the seat. It is not large enough diameter for a jump start(I think), but it is good for a trickle or a float charge.
I will take pictures of the one on my Honda today, but I am iffy about posting them.

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Here's an example of the charger with pigtails...

·
Columbus, Ohio
523 Posts
Here's an example of the charger with pigtails...
Thank you. I just took pics of the pigtail as it hangs from the side of my Nighthawk. Here is the link.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/?saved=1

It makes for easy charging. I roll up to a slightly opened window by my driveway, a cord with the other plug hangs out, and the charger is still inside the house. I don't have to remove the seat.
Also, you can use the male and female plugs to connect the two alligator clips, so for charging a vehicle other than the one with the dedicated plug.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts