Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On the way to work this morning I noticed my bike wasn't popping on decel like usual and the Idle seemed a little high. After a while more I noticed that my choke was not all the way off, about 1/4" engaged. Is this telling me I may not have a exhaust leak and maybe need to rejet? Any help would be welcomed.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Sounds like you're running too lean. If you can set the carbs a little richer the bike would probably run better. I wouldn't know how to do it but I'm sure somebody does.

·
HAWK
2,576 Posts
Have you adjusted the air mix screws? They are on the sides of the carb. There is a great pict of them in the photo group under technical. You have too drill out lead plugs. Use a small drill and a pick to get them our. I beleve 2 1/2 turns is what you need but you can adjust that. Stock I think they are 1 1/2, but if you turn them in all the way gentley and count the revolutions and add to that as you back them out. Hope this helps

·
Premium Member
4,054 Posts
The "pilot" screws, (lots of folks call them air mix screws, but they adjust the fuel allowed through the carbs on idle--turn them clockwise to lower fuel in mix--leaner; turn them counter-clockwise to raise the fuel mix--richer) probably need to be opened up a bit to richen your idle mix. Slowly and softly (while counting the turns) turn them in till they stop, not tight so you don't damage them, and count the turns. Most folks here say they should be sitting at around 2.5 turns out from lightly seated. Some say 3...

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Mine are out about 2 1/2-2 3/4, had them at 3 but the bike stunk of raw fuel at idle and it still popped. Have put plenty of seafoam in it since I've had it(9 mos) so I don't think the carb is plugged up as it purrs like a kitten.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts