Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
I'm a rider
964 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This has been happening ever since i joined. It took me NINE TRIES to make this thread without a redirect.

·
I'm a rider
964 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
16 tries now to post this. Its why i quit posting here. I can’t read anything without being redirected on every post.

·
Administrator
337 Posts
Clearing cookies might work. Otherwise, if you can copy the link of the pop up send it our way. We can use it to track and block.

With mobile devices, we've found that the Enhanced Mobile View of the site is a little more resilient to these popups then using the full site with mobile. We're still looking into why, but it's worth trying if they keep up as bad as they have been

Kevin

·
Registered
57 Posts
As Birga and Paulywog said, clear cache and cookies. I was having that same ad pop up on my iPhone for a couple of sites, including espn.com. After clearing the cache and cookies, I haven't seen that ad in two weeks.

It's not the website, it's the advertiser tracking where you visit a lot.

·
Alpha Geek
487 Posts
I think it is the website, and it isn't. There have been issues before. Banners seek a random ad using scripts rather than hard-coding, and once in a while someone will find a way to sneak scripts into an ad, especially flash.

I used to use a tracking "image" that ran my script client-side then plugged an image into the HTML inline so your browser would never show it even in the source.

The problem is most likely one of the companies buying ad space from Vertical Scope who owns most of the bike boards now.

·
Administrator
337 Posts
We are working on tracking this down. It does help if you see it to provide us with the URL and a screenshot along with your browser/operating system/device so we can nail these down.
-Philip

·
I'm a rider
964 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I get roughly 6 redirects in a split second before the pop up. That makes it hard to know what it is going through. I see the url bar going nuts. But i have screen record on my iphone so that may help.

·
I'm a rider
964 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Got it!

First ad redirect

Second one

Final output

·
I'm a rider
964 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
Clearing cookies only helps if the ad rotation has passed. In this case it hasn’t. I clear them daily waiting on google adsense to rotate the ad. It comes and goes. When it is on the site is unusable. Nearly instant redirect clicking into anything. I’m 14 years into moderation on internet brands 4th largest site and we have blocked so many google ads over the years I’m surprised any rotate at all.

The only way i am able to use the site right now is to turn off JavaScript in Safari.

·
Administrator
337 Posts
Uggh...what a drag! I'm really sorry to hear that these ads are hitting you so hard! Have you tried using another browser to see i that makes a difference? I know you shouldn't have to, but just trying to see if there are any options.

In order to block these redirects, we need to have the full URL (you need to click on the URL in order to highlight/copy the full URL address). Once we receive that and some basic info (screenshot, your general location and what browser/device you're using) we can then send it in to be blocked.

Again, apologies for this annoyance! In the past we have found that there is a certain amount of seasonality to these pop up ads, so hopefully we are just in the midst of a peak right now, and things will taper down soon (fingers crossed).

Please let us know if you have any other questions or concerns.

Cheers,

Erik

1 - 17 of 17 Posts