Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the Corbin seat on my bike now and love it. I would like to make the stock seat more comfortable for a back up. My question is what is the best foam to use gel, memory, or something else? I would also like to know where to get these products. Thanks in advance for your help.

·
Premium Member
1,766 Posts
Hey Guy -

Don't have an answer but good to see you here.

Ready to ride soon?

Jon

·
Registered
306 Posts
For the memory foam i suggest wall mart or target they sell the memory foam pillows 2 of thoses shoud be enough to do the seat. :beerchug:

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey Guy -

Don't have an answer but good to see you here.

Ready to ride soon?

Jon
Jon,
I just got my bike back from the shop. The upper and lower cam chain both needed to be replaced. They covered it under warranty. This weekend I’m tied up but definitely up for a ride soon. Talk to you soon.

·
HAWK
2,576 Posts
I used a memory Foam pillow when I did mine.
I got a Corbin now much better but the Memory foam did work better than stock.

·
and the Adventure Cycle
6,141 Posts
Anyone ever think of adding an inflatable/deflatable air bladder in the seat?
Something besides the expensive, on-top-of the seat Airhawk one. Maybe just a modified tire tube.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Hyper, I saw a HD seat like that. It had a pillow top with inflatable bladders built in. Of course, HD provided it with an electric air pump so you could adjust it while you were riding. The guy riding it really loved it.

That seat would cost more than my Vulcan!

Jeff

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
You can buy gel pads at J.C. Whitney, they sell covered ones, but also raw gel inserts to make your own.

KM
Thanks Knifemaker I will check them out.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts