Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, my rump is used to a Mustang seat. I really like the VN750, but something's gotta give on the stock seat. On;y thing aftermarket I can find is a Corbin Seat for $479

2 Problems, it won't fit my taller backrest AND I don't really wanna spend 500 bucks on a seat for a 1996 Bike.

Also I would be willing to do away with the back rest if I could give the wife a little more seating room. I love being close to her BUT I can't sit all the way back in my seat with her on the back & we're both skinny!

Has anyone got any other ideas or resources here?

·
Let's Ride!!
600 Posts
Yep, buy a stock Vulcan 900 seat and with a little modification it can be installed on our bikes. Best thing I've ever done. I also thought the stock seat was not very comfortable, and the passenger area was SO small. Used to only be able to go for about 2 hours straight before I needed to stretch. I've gone 3 so far on the 900 seat with no problem whatsoever.

Do it and you won't regret it.

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
Here's what Dave is talking about. Click the link in my sig for more pictures. Japaneze definaly made the seat for their azz cause it sure didn't fit my butt either. I sometimes wonder if they had stake in some of the aftermarket seats sold here as USA made.

·
Old Twistie Sticks Rider
5,072 Posts
Ok, my rump is used to a Mustang seat. I really like the VN750, but something's gotta give on the stock seat. On;y thing aftermarket I can find is a Corbin Seat for $479

2 Problems, it won't fit my taller backrest AND I don't really wanna spend 500 bucks on a seat for a 1996 Bike.

Also I would be willing to do away with the back rest if I could give the wife a little more seating room. I love being close to her BUT I can't sit all the way back in my seat with her on the back & we're both skinny!

Has anyone got any other ideas or resources here?
Darn violator, that's $100 higher than my Mustang seat for the Sportster, I think maybe the price could be beat, did you check Amazon, flea bay, etc. ???
Have a good one...Old Dog...

·
1986 VN750
3,255 Posts
Saddleman makes a new seat for around $350.

·
Straight roads are evil
580 Posts
Stock seat: Torture after 2 hours.
Mustang seat: Felt fine on 12+ hour rides.

Check ebay for Mustang seats, or use some of the other solutions given here. That stock seat has to go!

·
Banned
10,354 Posts
I modified my stock seat with different foam and shape, and works fine fer me...I mostly wanted more legroom, so cut the foam rearward 3"...covered it with genuine leather (a cheap China knockoff jacket)...I wanna add a jell pad though....right by my cocsis...(thats yer tailbone, if ya dont know)...
My friend at Unique Cycle in Hewitt, NJ makes his own custom seats though...REALLY reasonable...$50 fer a solo seat with conchos !!!

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
...I wanna add a jell pad though....right by my cocsis...(thats yer tailbone, if ya dont know)...
Cocsis...coccyx...whatever. I assume that cocsis is the NY redneck way to pronounce it. ;)

I'm looking to replace my seat with the VN900 seat mainly because my wife needs more room to ride with me. The stock seat isn't the most comfortable, but it works okay for me. But not for riding 2 up.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I agree & all good points, now I got some things to check into! Of course I'm looking for the most cost efficient solution; I'll look into the 900 seat, also I'd like to call Unique Cycle, maybe if they could fix me up that cheap I could send them the seat when I put the bike up for the winter.

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
Keep in mind if you go the 900 seat route you will have to do some modification to get it to work. It doesn't bolt straight on. Also there are some places that will modify your seat for you, but you would have to ship them the seat and be without for however long that process takes.

·
Banned
10,354 Posts
Cocsis...coccyx...whatever. I assume that cocsis is the NY redneck way to pronounce it.
..ya, but you know what I meant, lol...ballbuster, lol...been 40 yrs since my last biology class... ;)

also I'd like to call Unique Cycle
Ask fer Ed....tell im Wolfie from Greenwood Lake sent ya....

·
Super Moderator
11,820 Posts
The best bang for the buck is still having your stock seat redone by Spencer:

http://greatdaytoride.com/Home_Page.php/

It will still look stock, work and fit with all stock accessories .... But make your asss feel worlds better. All for under 200 bucks.

Word.

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
I agree Spencers foam upgrade is a major improvement. Had it done to the 900 seat driver area. That thang is the bomb! Only drawback to 'fixen up the stock seat' is you still are gonna have the limited room if you ride 2 up.

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
I am so pissed at myself again...

For the second time I have missed out on freakin' incredible deal on a 900 seat on ebay. The first time I forgot about the auction and never even bid. this time I was sitting there and I did bid but I guess my slow ass internet didn't get it in time so I missed out again. *sigh* So I have my backrest (shipping to me) and some extra side rails to cut down but no seat!!! :BLAM:

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
Patience, young grasshopper. Good things come to those with patience.

Guess thats why I'm always a day late and a dollar short!:doh:

·
Registered
459 Posts
I still am quite happy with the harley seat I made work. I love it. The real matter hear is most people do find the stock seat uncomfortable.

They feel great in the show room. That's the problem with a softer seat. Its feels wonderful for 5 minutes; not so good after that.

-Robert

·
1986 VN750
3,255 Posts
They feel great in the show room. That's the problem with a softer seat. Its feels wonderful for 5 minutes; not so good after that.

-Robert
It's almost as if the bike manufacturers have stake in all the custom seat manufactures. :p

1 - 18 of 18 Posts