Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While blasting all the oil off the front and bottom of my bike, then polishing the chrome, I noticed some wording I hadn't noticed on the mufflers before:
Automotive lighting Hood Automotive tire Grille Motor vehicle

Are these stock?

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yep, they make mufflers for the bike manufacturers.
Ok, thanks. I knew they certainly looked stock but given that my Vulcan seems louder than everyone else's with stock, I thought maybe I was on to something. Everything's intact inside too, but it's got a very deep boomy tone. Had a die hard Harley guy come up to me at work the other day asking if the exhaust was stock. He really liked the sound. I do too.

The infernal incurable decel popping, not so much.

·
Registered
10,315 Posts
Ok, thanks. I knew they certainly looked stock but given that my Vulcan seems louder than everyone else's with stock, I thought maybe I was on to something. Everything's intact inside too, but it's got a very deep boomy tone. Had a die hard Harley guy come up to me at work the other day asking if the exhaust was stock. He really liked the sound. I do too.

Maybe the coast enrichers are stuck, causing the pop?

·
Premium Member
1,585 Posts

Few questions here,
1. How do you know your Vulcan is louder? What other Vulcans are you comparing to? Mine sounds different but I gutted the mufflers. You said yours were intact.
2. What have you done to address the popping on deceleration?

·
Headbanger/Popes of Hell
7,066 Posts
Hmm...I don't remember my Vulcan being "loud", but quite the opposite. it's cool that you got a loud one. 🤘

·
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
16,470 Posts
While blasting all the oil off the front and bottom of my bike, then polishing the chrome, I noticed some wording I hadn't noticed on the mufflers before:
View attachment 54853

Are these stock?
Do you have more pics of the whole muffler? Because it should not be loud if it's a stock muffler unless the baffles are removed

1 - 7 of 7 Posts