Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Purchased my 2002 VN-750 yesterday. It has stock lloking mufflers but they have been gutted. I'm looking for a good quiet set of stock mufflers.

·
Dr. Vulcanstein
1,536 Posts
Dang that sucks, if you had right sided aftermarket exhaust I would ship my stocks to you.

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
I have some new to me sportster mufflers that I just scored on ebay coming to me. If I like the way they sound I might be willing to part with my originals. I just need to run them for a little bit and make sure the wife approves. ;)

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
@ Deviate: I think she'll approve. Not too loud, nice and mellow. Are you degoating?

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
Yeah I'm planning on it. Figure I might as well degoat, remove the center stand, and put on the new mufflers. I eventually want to wrap the pipes with header wrap but they still look good so I hate to spend the money yet. But I do like the look.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have some new to me sportster mufflers that I just scored on ebay coming to me. If I like the way they sound I might be willing to part with my originals. I just need to run them for a little bit and make sure the wife approves. ;)
Okay I will wait for your decision. As to the sportster mufflers, lots of guys put them on their 454 LTD's and were satisfied with them. A slightly louder more mellower tone. But my mufflers darn near might be as bad as straight pipes. I still tear through the curves like a nut, but when cruising slowly I enjoy the quiet of the stock exhaust system. Maybe I shoild just use earplugs, what?

·
Banned
10,354 Posts
If you degoat and use stock BAFFLED Sportster muffs, it will be quieter than stock...its hard to find baffled Sporty muffs....more than likely, the ones you heard were debaffled....I have a sound file in my intro post you may want to listen to...

·
Registered
3,353 Posts
would you mind posting a photo of the ones you have installed?

I am just curious what you meant by "gutted". The stock ones are usually drilled at the back plate to make them louder, but to remove the baffles it takes some effort.

If yours are clean and have no baffle, maybe we can work out a trade.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts