Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if anyone has kept there original handlebars and just loosed them and pushed them forward? If so what did you think about it?

·
Concert connoisseur
2,231 Posts
I actually moved mine back towards me a little and with the cooler I was using for a backrest it was quite comfortable, cant wait til I can afford a real backrest!

·
Registered
555 Posts
I moved them back a little. More comfortable.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hey guys, Newby here. when you say "move them back" or "move them forward" are you just changing the height of the bars, as in rotating them?
Thanks,

TerryW

·
Linkmeister Supreme
7,960 Posts
I was wondering if anyone has kept there original handlebars and just loosed them and pushed them forward? If so what did you think about it?
Hey guys, Newby here. when you say "move them back" or "move them forward" are you just changing the height of the bars, as in rotating them? Thanks,

TerryW
That is exactly what they mean.
Just loosen the clamp bolts and push/pull the grips forward or back to where they are comfortable for you. :smiley_th

Oh and BTW, welcome to the group. Go over to the newby checkin and tell us a little about yourself. :)

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Clock got any pics with them
pushed forward?

·
Registered
900 Posts
not sure if you can really tell...I just losened them a bit and made em a bit higher by pushing them forward

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yea you can tell a little not quite as far back. I am short at a whopping 5'7 howver i like riding with my arms fully extended not bent like they are now. so i think imm do exactly what u did

·
Registered
245 Posts
I pushed mine forward, as it gives me more room when my wife rides with me. Yea, she passed 110lbs a long time ago. LOL! These bikes are only good for carrying small passengers. If they're very 'thick' at all, it can be a bit crowded.

The crux of it all, is I bought this street bike in order for her to be able to participate more with the 'bike' scene at out house... and so far, I don't even really feel comfortable riding her back there. Of course, I just bought the thing last fall, so we'll see how it goes.

ramble off... Back to your normal discussion. But, moving the bars forward will give you more room, and will allow you to sit up a little straighter, which can be easier on the back. :)

Good Luck!

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yea I am going to do it untill I have the funds to buy new handle bars I'm doingthe opposite of u making it one seat so I can only ride it so my girlfriend can't ride along lol

1 - 11 of 11 Posts