Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
R/R = Relocated Redneck
628 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't know if anyone else has posted anything like this, but it seems that many of us have the customization bug. I just bought a complete VN800 set of bars with nice grips, mirrors, controls, master cylinder, cables and risers (yes I know that they're 1" bars, but I'm going to play with the upper triple tree).

This website has pretty comprehensive data about handlebars: Make, Model, Year, Bar Diameter, Height, Width, Pullback, Center Width, Clamp Area and Factory Part #.

http://www.sideroadcycles.com/ImportedMotorcycles/ImportHandlebars/StockBarsOne.html

:motorcycl

·
Dr. Vulcanstein
1,536 Posts
Shouldn't have a problem with the riser, you would have to add a shim of some sort if your going from 1" to 7/8". The thing you would need to change are the grips and controls which you say you have so you should be good to go.

·
R/R = Relocated Redneck
628 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm going to bolt as much of the "new"unit on as I can, including the risers. I believe that they are narrower than the 750's, so I might just drill holes through the tree and mount it that way. I won't know until they get here. I got a good deal on the unit, $70 shipped.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
137 Posts
you might be able to use the stock clamp handlebar mount, just drill it out to 62/64 . Then you can put it on just like the stock bar, and use all the new controls. I went with 1" bar on my bike as well, but made a new adapter mount
this is what mine looks like:

·
R/R = Relocated Redneck
628 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Did some looking on this and the tree is hollow under the cap. I don't want to bore out the stock mounts in case I want to put it back. I do have a piece of 1/4" aluminum bar stock that will fit perfectly and I can bolt the risers that are coming with the bars to it.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

1 - 5 of 5 Posts