Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My bike has floorboards. I want to remove them and install the factory footpegs.
I did alot of searching on this site and online and I am confused.
Do I need new footpegs or do I unbolt the floorboards from their brackets (2 bolts) and install the new footpegs on the brackets?
Where do I get a set of factory front footpegs?

·
Registered
174 Posts
Go to cheapcycleparts.com or bikebandit.com and look up your year bike(although for pegs I think they're all the same) and go to the fiche for footrests. It will show you an exploded view of all the parts for the OEM pegs. You can then determine which pieces you're missing. You can also find whole assemblies often on ebay and sometimes here in the SELL/SWAP section.

·
Banned
1,620 Posts
Some people, like myself, just unbolted the stock pegs (via the two bolt) and bolt on homemade floorboards. There may be other aftermarket floorboards that attached some other way. Perhaps a photo of what yours looks like would help us figure out what you have....

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Some people, like myself, just unbolted the stock pegs (via the two bolt) and bolt on homemade floorboards. There may be other aftermarket floorboards that attached some other way. Perhaps a photo of what yours looks like would help us figure out what you have....
Its not the greatest picture but here is what I have....

·
Linkmeister Supreme
7,960 Posts
You have knifemakers floorboards that dariv describes.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/knifemaker1954/sets/72157602271287978/

Get the parts as wolflrv suggests.
#34028C in the diagram -need 2 @$14.82 each +s&h ---- step,fr, rubber
http://www.bikebandit.com/houseofmotorcycles/1991-kawasaki-vulcan-750-vn750a7-us/o/m4555#sch51802

Or swap with someone who wants floorboards.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You have knifemakers floorboards that dariv describes.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/knifemaker1954/sets/72157602271287978/

Get the parts as wolflrv suggests.
#34028C in the diagram -need 2 @$14.82 each +s&h ---- step,fr, rubber
http://www.bikebandit.com/houseofmotorcycles/1991-kawasaki-vulcan-750-vn750a7-us/o/m4555#sch51802

Or swap with someone who wants floorboards.
So I assume the floorboards I have are bolted directly to the original footpeg bases. The only things I am missing are the rubber pads and the bolts to mount them. I need to order 2pcs of the 34028C and the 4 bolts for them. Maybe somebody here on the forum has them or wants to swap for my knifemaker floor boards.

·
Calif Rider
725 Posts
You will have several people wanting to trade with you. Keep a close look on this thread and I am sure you will have takers soon. I made my own floorboards like knifemaker, it is hard to believe you really do not like them. They are soo much more comfortable than the OM rubber foot pegs.

·
Banned
1,620 Posts
I'll trade you :smiley_th

PM me and we'll set it up

·
Linkmeister Supreme
7,960 Posts
So I assume the floorboards I have are bolted directly to the original footpeg bases. The only things I am missing are the rubber pads and the bolts to mount them. I need to order 2pcs of the 34028C and the 4 bolts for them. Maybe somebody here on the forum has them or wants to swap for my knifemaker floor boards.
If you have to buy them, note that 34028C is just the diagram number, NOT the Kaw part number.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
You will have several people wanting to trade with you. Keep a close look on this thread and I am sure you will have takers soon. I made my own floorboards like knifemaker, it is hard to believe you really do not like them. They are soo much more comfortable than the OM rubber foot pegs.
Its not the comfort factor really. Its more the look. If they were chrome or more fancy looking I would keep them but to me, they may be functional but they aren't the look I am going for.
Looks like all I need is a set of rubber pads and 4 bolts. Hopefully I can find them by Saturday.

·
Patriot Guard Rider
825 Posts
I have a set of rubber pads and bolts if yah want them.

·
Registered
555 Posts
ccspinner makes floorboards I have them on my bike and love them.

·
Super Moderator
11,958 Posts
Its not the comfort factor really. Its more the look. If they were chrome or more fancy looking I would keep them but to me, they may be functional but they aren't the look I am going for.
Looks like all I need is a set of rubber pads and 4 bolts. Hopefully I can find them by Saturday.
The stock pegs are not any prettier... And you can polish the floorboards to a "chrome like" finish.

Sorry, but I'll pick comfort over looks 99% of the time.

Are you sure you wouldn't be happier with a Harley? ;)

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
The stock pegs are not any prettier... And you can polish the floorboards to a "chrome like" finish.

Sorry, but I'll pick comfort over looks 99% of the time.

Are you sure you wouldn't be happier with a Harley? ;)
I just sold a Harley FLTHCU Ultra Classic last year. Funny you mention that.

I find it funny how quickly the metric guys jump on the Harley guys and visa versa. I ride with 30 guys on an off. All 30 of them ride Harleys. They are beautiful bikes. CVO's, Ultra's, Superglides, Fatboys,Heritage Softails, a few Sportsters etc. None of them have had any problems with their bikes and they all put an average of 15K a season on their bikes and a season in CT is only about 6 months long on an average. When they heard I sold the Ultra Classic and bought a Vulcan 750 they were shocked and most of the comments include.. "don't worry bro, you can get another Harley some day".
When a bunch of metric guys get together they seem to talk about Harley being unreliable, expensive and not comfortable. I agree about the expensive.
I have had many brands of bikes and many different sizes and styles and I think a good bike is a good bike regardless of the brand name.
My 3 all time favorites were a 1988 1200 HD Sportster, a 2001 Vulcan 1500FI Classic and a 2000 Honda Valkyrie.
I am really digging this little VN750 now. It screams and the build quality is really good. I also like the styling. I just don't like how the bike looks with floor boards on it. If money was no object I would have a nice set of forward controls on it but they are VERY expensive.

·
Super Moderator
11,958 Posts
I have nothing against Harleys, I think they are fine bikes. My comment was just a joke, implying that the general perception of Harley owners is they care more about image and looks than comfort or function.

There was someone here trying to do up some forward controlls for those interested, not sure how that is progressing, you might want to look for that thread.

We all know what parts you need, if I knew what box mine were in I would send them to you gratis.... But after the move I can't find a FKing thing.....

KM

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I have nothing against Harleys, I think they are fine bikes. My comment was just a joke, implying that the general perception of Harley owners is they care more about image and looks than comfort or function.

There was someone here trying to do up some forward controlls for those interested, not sure how that is progressing, you might want to look for that thread.

We all know what parts you need, if I knew what box mine were in I would send them to you gratis.... But after the move I can't find a FKing thing.....

KM
You are 100% correct. I ride with a few guys who have the largest ape hangers you ever saw. In addition to them being very unstable on the road (they are always swerving back and forth) they have to drop their hands every minute in order to get the blood flowing. These same guys make it a habit of stopping in front of storefronts where they can see themselves in the reflection. I also have a friend who insists on riding a hardtail and he has a bad back. He does the ultimate sacrifice for looking good because he is in constant pain so I do see your point!!

Thanks alot for the offer. I appreciate it. I am going to try polishing out the floor boards tonight to see how they come out. I do like the stock pegs and would like to get the pads and bolts for them.

·
Linkmeister Supreme
7,960 Posts
1 - 20 of 22 Posts