Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Rider on the Storm
1,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to hear from those of you who have installed a Stebel Nautilus on your bikes. Did you need to disconnect the two stock horns? Or do all three horns blare in unison? If the latter, did you need to do any special mods other than using the wiring kit (with relay) that Stebel supplies?

I had all three connected, and they worked ~ but the Stebel kept conking out whenever I let 'er rip for over a second or two.

·
HAWK
2,576 Posts
I hooked all 3 up to both of my bikes.
I had to split the wires to the horn, power and trigger wire, they power the relay that powers the Stebel.
Was not to hard just some interesting wiring.
You have to add a separate power wire to run the Stebel proper as it draws alot of power.
I have it on a dedicated line with a 20A fuse run through the relay.
It was a wile ago when I wired it so I don't rember exactly what I did but it works everytime.

·
Premium Member
122 Posts
When I installed mine, I disconnected the stock horns and used the old wiring to power the new horn without any other modification. Works fine for me.

·
Premium Member
405 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,054 Posts
I wired mine this way: (ignore the black text! I modded this photo from the coil mod. Blue text is for the horn setup)

You should be able to use the original horns just like they are if you tap off their power wire to trigger the relay.

·
CWO3 Navy (Retired)
722 Posts
I totally removed the stock horns and replaced them with a nice tool bag. Looks great! The Stebel is plenty loud!

·
Rider on the Storm
1,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah, I wouldn't think you could even hear the stock horns over the stebel and it would be a waste of electricity. IMO
Actually, in the brief moments that all three horns worked together, I COULD hear the stock horns too. It was nice ~ a few more decibels added to the cacophony!

·
At Least I Can Spell!
615 Posts
Actually, in the brief moments that all three horns worked together, I COULD hear the stock horns too. It was nice ~ a few more decibels added to the cacophony!
Dude - you shouldn't be using words like that here. You're going to cause an accident with everyone pulling out their dictionaries at the same time. :D

·
Premium Member
812 Posts
jabarry you're such a romantic

1 - 17 of 17 Posts