·
. . "Boricua" Rider . .
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Kawika
441 Posts
1. Are these easy to mount?
2. Are these easy to wire to the VN 750's weak electrical system?

Thx!

That's the best price you can find for a new stebel nautilus horn...I bought mine this past summer for about the same price. It saved my ass on the way to work one day, big-time. I was in the left lane on the higway going about 70mph around a bend to the right and I noticed a cager look in his mirror briefly and start moving towards my space; moving a bit faster than him , I applied the brakes and the horn...that cage jerked the car right back to the right lane so fast, his tires were squeeling, I almost felt bad about using it.

1. Easy to install with only 1 bolt...I spent more time trying to figure out where to put it...ended up just below the right ear and above the engine guard using a left over footpeg clamp bent out to 90degrees from the lower ear bolt. I have about 1500 miles on it there. Be sure to use the relay or you will most likely melt the switch and harness.

2. I see my VM drop when I hit the horn, but it is only momentary, so I don't believe there would be a problem with it.

I blasted it out in the garage at work for a couple co-workers and one of them picked up one for his Smart car..(ps beware of how loud it is in a garage!)

·
former lurker
159 Posts
... Be sure to use the relay or you will most likely melt the switch and harness.
Does the relay come in the "Deluxe" wiring kit or is that something I need to go out and buy additionally?

Thanks!

·
Registered
881 Posts
i have been wanting one of these for a while but im trying not to spend more on the bike then i allready have (saving my pennies for a new truck). now with this deal.....you guys are like drug pushers...lol

·
Late to the party
321 Posts
i have been wanting one of these for a while but im trying not to spend more on the bike then i allready have (saving my pennies for a new truck). now with this deal.....you guys are like drug pushers...lol
I know aren't they evil. :doh:

Ok, what is the consensus then. What looks better on a vn750, the chrome or black?

·
Kawika
441 Posts
Does the relay come in the "Deluxe" wiring kit or is that something I need to go out and buy additionally?

Thanks!
The relay is included...the deluxe wiring kit is just push on connectors and wire. I think I used 14gauge wire from an old stereo amp....use only the black wire if tying it to the frame...it looks nicer because it's harder to see.

Ok, what is the consensus then. What looks better on a vn750, the chrome or black?
I went with the black, because I didn't want it to bee "seen" too much...just my $0.02.

·
Registered
881 Posts
i like the chrome one, was thinking mounting it lower front frame somewhere, not sure how the bike will look without the 2 up front?

·
Kawika
441 Posts
i like the chrome one, was thinking mounting it lower front frame somewhere, not sure how the bike will look without the 2 up front?
I have all 3 horns running...leave them there if you like them. :smiley_th
watch out for the front fender travel if putting the nautilus in front of the radiator...looked too tight and I didn't want to dent the fender and lose the horn on a panic stop.

·
Registered
881 Posts
I have all 3 horns running...leave them there if you like them. :smiley_th
watch out for the front fender travel if putting the nautilus in front of the radiator...looked too tight and I didn't want to dent the fender and lose the horn on a panic stop.
thank for the heads up......3 horns why not

·
. . "Boricua" Rider . .
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
I installed a chrome one under the left ear filter. Check photo:

Attachments

·
Linkmeister Supreme
7,960 Posts
I`ve been thinking about taking off the OEM horns and mounting a Stebel Nautilus up front along with a low tone Fiamm, or a low tone horn off something like an old Buick. I like the Stebel but it doesn`t have the low tones that the big boys have. I don`t know if there is room out front for all that hardware, or what it would look like, but a front mount seems the most efficient place to project the maximum sound forward. It might need a cover of some sort for esthetic reasons, just leaving the horn opening exposed at the bottom.

Has anyone here tried mounting anything other than Ma Kawi`s originals up there? I would be interested in any feedback anyone has to offer on my idea outlined above, pro or con.

·
Vintage bike addict
859 Posts
I never use the horn. If it doesn't sound like a semi who'll pay attention anyway? I'm not installing airhorns!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts