Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
"ya can't live forever"
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Fergy ....wher ya gonna mount it? I put mine on the left side of the cowling....
just unscrewed the amber reflector from it....enlarged the hole and the rest is easy.

·
Gnarly Jokester
1,796 Posts
What does it sound like? regular car horn? Japanese car horn? submarine dive at general quarters? oooga? Where do I buy this little jewel?

·
Rider on the Storm
1,287 Posts
Turn it up ~ bring the noise!

Let's see photographs of these airhorns when they're mounted!

Then make an audio file available!

·
Gnarly Jokester
1,796 Posts

·
85 VN 700
1,033 Posts
I mounted my horn up front where the stock horn mounts.

Best way to describe the sound is that it's that of a semi - just not quite as deep of a sound - but about the same volume. It's very impressive.

Below are some crappy pictures. One of these days I'll take better pics.

·
Gnarly Jokester
1,796 Posts
Thanks for the pic's. Mine is on order from BikerHighway with all the wireing.

·
85 VN 700
1,033 Posts
Just a note - with the kit from bikerhiway, it's possible you'd be able to wire the thing up with nothing else, but that'd require more creativity than I posess.
At a minumum you'll need extra wire so you can wire the relay direct to the battery. DONT try to use the accessory leads - you'll blow the 10A fuse in no time.

·
"ya can't live forever"
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
God I never should have bought this horn !!!!!

It's like having a 50 cal. mounted there. I've been killing cagers all weekend!

HOOOOOO HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
4,054 Posts
I finally got to ride this morning after all the stormy weather and installing my stebel. I tested it in the carport with earplugs on and it seemed loud. Today going 65 with my full face helmet on, no earplugs, I hit the horn and it hurt my ears! I hope I don't need it, but if I do, I know it will do the job!:D

1 - 12 of 12 Posts