Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
6,439 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I heard it was going to be 47 and sunny today in Philly. Well its not, its gonna be 50 and sunny today!! Yeah today will most definitely be my first ride of '09. Yesterday I had to take one of the helicopters to Pittsburg to get her looked at and once the heat was on in the cabin, it was actually a pretty nice ride, even took my coat off. Today its going to be 50 and I get a break from Winter and get to take Sable out. If this is what Winter is going to be like, maybe its not that bad. There are apparently moments of levity and no matter how brief, if you nurse them for every damn thing they're worth, stuff doesn't seem that bad. Just tryin' to stay positive...

·
Registered
802 Posts
It was still in the 60's when I rode home last night. :) (10pm)

When I was getting ready to leave this morning (58º), I heard a bike in the distance. Thought to myself, I didn't hear you yesterday morning when it was 35º. Cold front comes through tonight, and we'll be in the mid 40's Saturday and Sunday. Luckily I've got to go somewhere, so I couldn't ride anyway.

·
The Professor
3,147 Posts
It's supposed to be around 60 here today, so i"m fixin to gear up and take my first ride of 09'. I finaly get to try out my Pro-tac backrest. :rockon:

·
Old Twistie Sticks Rider
5,072 Posts
It's supposed to be around 60 here today, so i"m fixin to gear up and take my first ride of 09'. I finaly get to try out my Pro-tac backrest. :rockon:
OK, what is a Protac back rest..??? I still use my Sixpac cooler and would like to up grade...
And yep its supposed to get to 60* here today too, but at 9:30am it is at a cold damp cloudy 54* and feels like 40*...lol...
Thanks and have a good one...Old Dog...

·
Kawika
441 Posts
Well it's Positively still too fricken cold here!! :baby: (but I keep checkin to see how far away I'd have to trailer the bike, so I can take a spin! :smiley_th)

·
Late to the party
321 Posts
Gonna be awhile yet for that first '09 ride here. Temp dropping below 0 again at night and highs in the single digits for a lot of next week. Not expecting a first ride until late March or early April. :( An occasional visit to the dealer to look at bikes and maybe buy a piece of gear helps.... a little anyway.

·
Premium Member
355 Posts
its 52 here now, calling for high of 58, and sunny all day. guess were my arsh is going to be here in a little while...lol got a couple little thing to do around the house, then im out of here...lol take care all, and if its been a while sinse the last ride, take it easy for the first few miles. thats what im planning. have a great day all.

·
Registered
96 Posts
I just took my first real ride since owning the bike since it got up to 66 today and what a blast it was! Rush hour isnt too fun but I got about 30 miles on on some side roads and whatnot. Enjoy the warm while it lasts!

·
Premium Member
812 Posts
Yeah sure. I'm positive alright. It's positively cold here in Long Island NY. Today was supposed to be around 45 but I had a higher calling - work! Tomorrow it's supposed to chill out again. The roads still have patches of ice on em so as much as I'm itchin to go, still gotta wait.

On a positive note, the days are getting noticeably longer. Spring, soon come. Meanwhile, I'm sticking to hot toddies. :beerchug:

·
Registered
6,439 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Nothing wrong with a toddy for the body. Don't mind if I do.

Great ride today, not too brisk with full gear. There's no leaves on the trees lining the Delaware river. Got some nice views of the Commador Barry Bridge in the distance spanning the river. No ice but I had to watch for salt patches. Cm4cm5, thanks for the reminder about takin it easy to start, I'm glad I did. Here's to longer warmer days ahead! :beerchug:

·
Premium Member
355 Posts
hello all, had a great ride today, meet up with some buddies, and went riding along the ohio river. went about 40 miles, stop for eats; and some catching up. rode some back roads and got in a few twisties. of course we all took them a little slow. stopped for a few drinks, then headed home. what a great day. libertypilot, you are welcome, i also took my on advise, and rode slower today. made the ride that much more fun. i hope everyone had a great day also.

·
Linkmeister Supreme
7,960 Posts
Don`t come north looking for the nice weather we had a week or so ago. It has been down to 20-25 below zero F* the last few days.

·
The Professor
3,147 Posts
I got my first 09' ride on beautiful this 65 degree day, put on about 180 miles in the North Gorgia mountains and with my new Pro-tac backrest it was the best ride so far. I highly recommend installing one, no discomfort what so ever the whole trip. I started to get a little paranoid that I was going to run out of fuel since this was the first trip that the fuel gauge actually went past the half way mark. LOL :doh: I replaced the sending unit and all seems well. It got down to the white line near E then I refueled. :smiley_th

So just how far down will the needle go before you have to go to reserve? Thanks, Ya'all

·
Registered
410 Posts
OK, what is a Protac back rest..??? I still use my Sixpac cooler and would like to up grade...
And yep its supposed to get to 60* here today too, but at 9:30am it is at a cold damp cloudy 54* and feels like 40*...lol...
Thanks and have a good one...Old Dog...
It's a very good back rest, it helps my back tremendously!!
Well worth the money.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts