Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
bigwheel53
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK..I did my cut and got the stator out.Man that magnet is strong.Now how do I get the stator wires out of the housing without hurting the pickup wires?Got the plate from Glen Cox and im waiting for the stator from Electrosport..

·
..have a vulcan good day!
4,508 Posts
OK..I did my cut and got the stator out.Man that magnet is strong.Now how do I get the stator wires out of the housing without hurting the pickup wires?Got the plate from Glen Cox and im waiting for the stator from Electrosport..
Exacto Knife or equivalent......New Stator will have new wires.....

...might as well do a "Pick-Up Mod" while you are right there looking @ them (0.20 " clearance) for easier/improved Hot Starts (30 -45 minutes tops).
Search the threads for how to....

:smiley_th

·
Registered
3 Posts
Electrosport??? oh well, who knows, maybe yours will give you a full season or two... Mine lasted 2 months. For certain, someone will chime in claiming X-amount of years with theirs. (I ride heavy duty NYC stop and go traffic all year round daily...) You are so much better with a Tim Parrot rewind, and at half the price of electrosport.

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
The two sets of wires are in different rubbers grommets. I cut the ends off the old stator wiring, tied a piece of 14 gauge wire to them by way of skinning the insulation off and tying the copper together, pulled it into the engine case. Cut the connectors off the new stator wires. Tied (copper to copper)the new stator wires to the pull wire and pulled them back through the case. Soldier them to the harness wires for a better connection.

·
Sparky!!!
8,697 Posts
Electrosport??? oh well, who knows, maybe yours will give you a full season or two... Mine lasted 2 months. For certain, someone will chime in claiming X-amount of years with theirs. (I ride heavy duty NYC stop and go traffic all year round daily...) You are so much better with a Tim Parrot rewind, and at half the price of electrosport.
2 weeks here

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
458 Posts
Wounder if he could cancel his order from electrosport and get his money back? Im going on my 3rd year with my TPE Stator.

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
I went with a Ricks stator. 361 miles and 3 weeks, smoked! Both brands use Chinese made stators and they have cheap wire on them. TPE rewind is a great way to go. I wish you the best with it either way.

·
bigwheel53
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I appreciate everyones help.Its too late to change the stator make,I already have it mounted on the plate and the housing piece.I dunno..The comp. says you get 20% more output and they have a one year warranty on it.It looks to be pretty hefty.I finally got the wires out.Im going to shave the grommet and slip it in and silicone it.Im no solderer by any means.The stator I took out was fried.Bike only had 6200 on it.Ill be done in a couple of days and let you all know how it works out..thanks again..Bigwheel53

1 - 9 of 9 Posts