Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Simple Solutions
965 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I'm looking at my wire harness and notices a couple see though spots in the black so i carefully opened it up... I noticed the threee stator leads when they inter the wirehaness befor they goto the R/R the 3 yellow turn into 4??? What on the bike is askin for ac voltage? and i noticed a lot of the blue tape in the harness doest this pean the PO was in there pokin around???:BLAM:

·
Simple Solutions
965 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

This is where the 4th wire goes.... this is a diagram of the lower 10 pin plug as X represents empty pin and the black is in the front....

The other wires with the blue tape were the brown w/white and red and green coil wires...

·
Linkmeister Supreme
7,960 Posts
I opened up about 5 inches of the harness this summer, and noticed some of that blue electrical tape too. I am assuming now, after seeing yours, that it is from Ma Kawi's factory.

·
Simple Solutions
965 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I opened up about 5 inches of the harness this summer, and noticed some of that blue electrical tape too. I am assuming now, after seeing yours, that it is from Ma Kawi's factory.
that was my guess two except the coil was replaced by the PO and the wires have the same blue tape in them ... does anyone know what the brown / white wire it? just bein lazy dont go lookin it up on me ...

·
Registered
75 Posts
I'm betting from what I read in another post that the spliced in wire goes to the headlight relay. Which would explain why I don't have a working headlight with my stator wires disconnected.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts