Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took the wiring harness out today to fix some broken wires, rewrap in some new wire loom and generally clean things up. Most things are obvious, either by placement, wire colors, harness, etc... But of course there were a few wires that were no obvious - for those I marked them with a marker.

I go to reconnect the wires coming out of the stator... the clip, easy, then I come to three wires.. I marked these, and in my infinite wisdom when cleaning them I cleaned the marks right off. :rockon:

I've got three black wires coming out of the stator. They all look the same, same color/thickness, no color stripes that I can see. I've got three yellow wires that go into the wiring harness - again, same color, no stripes, etc...

At first though, I can plug any of them into any and it should work. Same colors, right? The logical side of me thinks these are +/-/GRND, so I really don't want to mess them up.

Any suggestions / ideas?

·
Registered
468 Posts
it doesn't matter which way three stator wires hook back up. that's the reason the aren't different colors.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
16,092 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks!

·
Registered
468 Posts

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Check those connections closely. They have a tendency to corrode and heat up. Many suggest using the dialectric grease on contacts. Some of us have braided these connections, soldered and shrink wrapped.

·
Banned
10,354 Posts
I also have a super hi res jpg of the wiring diagram if one need it....just pm me yer email....BIG file....no it wont go into yer Iphones....actually, it kills em on contact, lol....kidding....my file is eant to be downloaded to desktop, then printed on a good printer....800dpi if I remember right....

·
Registered
1,021 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Check those connections closely. They have a tendency to corrode and heat up. Many suggest using the dialectric grease on contacts. Some of us have braided these connections, soldered and shrink wrapped.

I plan to do this when I move the rectifier. Never heard of dielectric grease, though. Guess it won't matter once I solder it all together.

·
Banned
10,354 Posts
I sent you the diagram btw.....

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I got it, very detailed and will definitely be useful! Thanks again!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts