Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
10,354 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im having issues with my front cyl not firing steady, sometimes not at all.
Ive cleaned the connections coming outta the stator, and seemed to help. When I get "no fire", I move the stator wires around and it fires. Rear cyl never had issues. since there are 3 stator wires exiting, is one for front, one for rear ?...if so, I know what to fix. If not....siiiiigh....

·
Premium Member
4,778 Posts
It doesn't matter what order the three wires coming from the stator are attached to the three wires going into the harness.

·
Premium Member
1,766 Posts
Im having issues with my front cyl not firing steady, sometimes not at all.
Ive cleaned the connections coming outta the stator, and seemed to help. When I get "no fire", I move the stator wires around and it fires. Rear cyl never had issues. since there are 3 stator wires exiting, is one for front, one for rear ?...if so, I know what to fix. If not....siiiiigh....
No, it's a 3 phase system therefore three wires. They also would have no bearing on one cylinder or the other as they provide ac voltage for the r/r to rectify and regulate.

There is a coil for each cylinder, check to make sure they are both getting voltage (DC) when the problem occurs.

Jon

·
Member? ... check.
536 Posts
You say cleaning the stator wires "seemed to help". Could it be that when you were "cleaning" the three stator wires coming from the stator, you moved the coil pickup cables somewhat? You might try pulling and pinching on the pickup coil cables while the bike is running to see if you have an intermittent problem with that wiring.

Putting a timing light on a plug wire will aid in detecting the misfires.

~~C8>

·
Banned
10,354 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Actually...

Actually, I meant cleaning the connectors which are just before the harness. But the wire itself (outer shell over the 3) was melted in a few spots, but the wires inside seemed ok. And i checked the front coil. All seemed ok there. So, will fix the section that was a lil melted first and see what happens. Need to do it anyway, really. Not happy with the way theyre routed either. Very tight and way too close to exhaust. Gonna splice in extentions and rerout to other side of driveshaft since I have no belly now.
Gonna check the rectifier leads too. Its still in its original spot.
Thanks for the advice guys ! :beerchug:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts