Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After reading some of the posts here, I am wondering if a failing stator gives any warning before it goes bye bye? Or is it a slow death?
My Vulcan has 24k right now and has had one total battery fail (left me to continue on on thumb power). Replaced it with an AGM. I relocated the R/R at about 11k. My voltage is still at 14+ volts at highway speeds so I don't think the battery failure hurt anything.

·
Registered
796 Posts
Yeah the stator on these bikes is a fickle character. I would say the battery that went bad on you was just used up. At regular intervals test the charging system or install a volt gauge to monitor it at all times. I bought a new battery this summer (not a MF) and after 4 months had to replace it but the charging system is working fine. Next year I'm going with a good MF battery though.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ya, I'm thinking about installing a digital voltmeter. Got one on my truck and sure like seeing it.
When my battery went, I was going around 65 and it was just like someone turned the key off. Never seen that before. When I got the bike home there was zero in the battery. Go figure. I do like the AGM battery I got.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts