Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys back again with yet another problem. This bike is fighting me every chance it gets lol. Ok so here is the story. New battery installed, turned out it was over charging. So new R/R installed and now it wont charge. Typical **** lol. So started testing the stator. Done both initial checks for ohms. First one testing 3 yellow leads to engine case. No continuity so all good. Reistance check on wires together is as follows.
1-2 = 0.5
1-3= 88.1
2-3= 88.1
Tested on the 200 ohm scale.
I have not done the voltage test just yet. But considering the ohms should be all the same as in 0.4 to 0.6 or somewhere close im guessing the stator is goosed.
What you guys reakon on this?

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
VAC test just done and here are the results.
At idle (1100 rpm)
1-2 = 26v+
1-3 = 9v
2-3 =9v

At ( 3500/4000 rpm)
1-2 = 49.9v
1-3 = 18.6v
2-3 = 18.6v

I guess my stator is fryed after all.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sorry for late replys. For some reason the notifications dont ever seem to work for me so i gotta keep checking back.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Pulled the stator today and found that the stator was rubbing the rotor. Its a weird one because i dont have the tuxedo mod done. Anyone ever heard of this?

·
Premium Member
1,172 Posts
Try searching that on the forum, that’s definitely not the first instance of this issue I’ve come across on here. I’ve seen a few posts for bikes that have the tuxedo mod done as well as bikes left stock.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Try searching that on the forum, that’s definitely not the first instance of this issue I’ve come across on here. I’ve seen a few posts for bikes that have the tuxedo mod done as well as bikes left stock.
Iv done a few searches but the only times i can find that it happened was people that had the tuxedo mod done.
Have the magnets moved or does the rotor wobble?
magnets have not moved and no wobble that i can see. Everything was good and tight also. This one really has me baffled. I will check the rotor again after work today.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ok so pulled the rotor and it looks perfectly fine. Also checked the gear damper, thought the bolt might have came loose so i set my torque wrench and it turned a bit then snap lol head of the bolt came off. Surely 51flbs cant be right can it. Any way no worry's lol, its just typical of this bike to do it to me. Doing the tuxdo mod and need a new stator any hiw so might aswell order the bolt to. Only need to try drill it out now lol

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Just in case... The bolt on the damper is left-hand threads. It normally gets Loctite too.
Thanks spockster, i already new this. I think heat will be my best friend trying to get it out. Im not looking forward to it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts