Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well add me to the list of stator replacements. My question is, i have noticed that none of you guys remove the engine completly. What would be the best way of rem oving the drive shaft. Slide it out(will it do that), or remove the gear case. Another question. I am removing the engine because its black. I would like to remove the black and have just the aluminum color. Any suggestions how to get rid of the black color?
Thanks, Brian

·
Search Goddess
2,002 Posts
You do not have to remove the drive shaft for a stator replacement. You do have to remove the bevel gear case however in order to get room for engine tipping.

Once you have the engine tipped or removed, if you still want to remove the driveshaft you can pull it out from the front of the swingarm. If you do remove it you will still have to take the rear wheel off since there are o-rings and springs that must be set in place to reconnect the driveshaft to the final drive.

Removing the black will be a pain since it is powdercoated on. If you want silver, your best bet is to get some high temp paint and paint over the black. Be sure to mask off all openings of course. When I had a stator cover powdercoated, they used a "camaro silver"

1 - 2 of 2 Posts