Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Banned
130 Posts
Tux...

I'm in the middle of the process and have an interesting situation. After cutting the inside case, I'm getting a resistance like almost a spring loaded feeling and am unable to pull the stator. I've cut the the stator wires and have moved the p/u coil wires... Am I hanging up on something. The service manual shows no spring behind the stator? I've got a '01 750... HELP!!!
I'm guessing that one of the inner case ribs isn't completely severed. This thin piece of metal will give a spring effect. Get in close with a flashlight and check that out. If that isn't it, then the hole that you cut isn't wide enough and the stator is hung up. Working the small cutting wheel to the outside of the hole (reaming) will enlarge it.

Please visit the link in my signature for a complete discussion of the stator case mod.
click on pic to enlarge:

Attachments

·
Registered
6 Posts
Well, you were right about the case ribs. Got those done and out cleanly. Unfortunately, I didn't get the mounting holes right and boned my stator after my third test run. Now, I'll have to fabricate a new plate and use the wear marks on the stator to modify the mounting hole location....a drag, but still having fun. I would recommend that anyone else attempting this should do a short static test run, then pull the stator again to check for wear marks before proceeding down the road. I saw that another guy had to do four plates, so having to make a second one really isn't that bad.

·
..have a vulcan good day!
4,508 Posts
Well, you were right about the case ribs. Got those done and out cleanly. Unfortunately, I didn't get the mounting holes right and boned my stator after my third test run. Now, I'll have to fabricate a new plate and use the wear marks on the stator to modify the mounting hole location....a drag, but still having fun. I would recommend that anyone else attempting this should do a short static test run, then pull the stator again to check for wear marks before proceeding down the road. I saw that another guy had to do four plates, so having to make a second one really isn't that bad.
Avoid the Headaches !

http://www.gcextreme.com/STORE/Custo...xedoStator.cfm

$50.00

Precision / Professionally manf. Plates, complete with required bolts !
You can't beat this deal !

WilliamTech :smiley_th

·
..have a vulcan good day!
4,508 Posts
you realize that this thread has been dead for nearly a year... talk about resurrections lol
10-4 ...thought it was a thread w/ good info.

WilliamTech :smiley_th

·
Registered
27 Posts
I did mine off of your parts list, the only thing I needed extra was o-rings for the coolant inlet lines to the cylinders. (I removed mine to remove engine) Luckily a buddy has assorted ones. Good writeup though

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just want to say thank you! Your info. was very helpful and I used the parts from your suggestions. Going to put in the fuses to the stator and get LED tail and signal light to prevent having to do this again:)
Wish me luck!

·
Sparky!!!
8,697 Posts
Just want to say thank you! Your info. was very helpful and I used the parts from your suggestions. Going to put in the fuses to the stator and get LED tail and signal light to prevent having to do this again:)
Wish me luck!
PLEASE DO NOT fuse the stator. we have found that it does more harm than good to put fuses in. Just go with a TPE Stator, a Texeedo Plate from GC_Extreem, and a MOFSET R/R... no more problems, and if you do run into problems, the plate will make it easier to replace the stator.

·
Registered
1 Posts
hello about to change stater

i have a 2002 kawasaki 750. i just bought bought it yesterday. My question is are the instructions for the 2002 model? or pretty much very close?

I just bought it and the battery went dead after about a dozen starts and driving around town for 30 minutes. if theres any tips or suggestions you have to check in order please advise me.

also thanks for the info.

·
Sparky!!!
8,697 Posts
i have a 2002 kawasaki 750. i just bought bought it yesterday. My question is are the instructions for the 2002 model? or pretty much very close?

I just bought it and the battery went dead after about a dozen starts and driving around town for 30 minutes. if theres any tips or suggestions you have to check in order please advise me.

also thanks for the info.
First welcome to the forum.. Secondly check out the stickies in the electrical section, both Dave and I have good stator test procedures posted... Thirdly 1985 VN 700 and 1986-06 vn750 use the same charging system so the info here will be identifier for your bike.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
1 Posts
hows it going, i purchased a 1993 Vulcan 750 in January 2017, I believe i will need to tackle this project soon because the bike isnt charging. I have reviewed this info about the job and i think it will be extremly helpful as i work through this repair. Hopefully i dont run into any problems but i will post anything i run into and possibly ask questions, just wanted to thank you for taking the time to type that procedure out, thanks.
Ethan

·
Registered
4 Posts
'89 VN750, just ordered the parts

Thanks as well for the detailed parts list. Some of the parts have now alternate numbers but the list still works.

21 - 33 of 33 Posts