Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm replacing the stator in my '86 next Saturday...I've read the manual and one of the tutorials on here, ordered the stator and the cover gasket, and going to get some of that red silicone, but I know there's gotta be some stuff I need but don't know about. This is my only transportation so it's critical that I finish the job by Monday, and won't be able to chase parts once the job is started. Anyone know of anything else I'll need to finish the job?

·
Concert connoisseur
2,231 Posts
crush gaskets for exhaust, outer cover oring, 3 orings for outer cover screws, generator cover gasket, front bevel gear gasket. think thats about it but I would consider doing the tuxedo mod if you plan on keeping the bike and if you are near 30000 miles I would replace the balance dampers

·
Concert connoisseur
2,231 Posts
in my sig line is a walk through with parts list plus a few misc items, i would also suggest pulling the engine fully instead of the drop and tilt as it will be easier to get a dood seal on the gaskets that way!

·
Premium Member
3,027 Posts
That's an awfully tight time frame. I figure it is going to take me about 6 weeks, b ut it certainly won't be full time. You may also need new o-rings for the 2 coolant pipes that go into the top of the head, and possibly new graphite gaskets where the header pipes go into the goat's belly, if you have a stock exhaust. I have everything removed and drained, I will probably start pulling the engine tomorrow. I am not removing the bevel drive gearcase. If I have to I would rather remove the final drive gearcase to disengage the drive shaft. I have not ordered any parts yet, and won't until I get everything apart, and make sure I know everything I will need. I may do the balancer. (are the balancer dampers CCP #92075, and there are 4 of them?) But from what I understand, it takes some time to send the stator to TPE, and get it back anyway.

·
..have a vulcan good day!
4,508 Posts
That's an awfully tight time frame. I figure it is going to take me about 6 weeks, b ut it certainly won't be full time. You may also need new o-rings for the 2 coolant pipes that go into the top of the head, and possibly new graphite gaskets where the header pipes go into the goat's belly, if you have a stock exhaust. I have everything removed and drained, I will probably start pulling the engine tomorrow. I am not removing the bevel drive gearcase. If I have to I would rather remove the final drive gearcase to disengage the drive shaft. I have not ordered any parts yet, and won't until I get everything apart, and make sure I know everything I will need. I may do the balancer. (are the balancer dampers CCP #92075, and there are 4 of them?) But from what I understand, it takes some time to send the stator to TPE, and get it back anyway.
How many miles ? YES on Dampers.
There are 4 + 2 = 6 Dampers Total...about $40.00......Damper Gear Bolt is LH Thread.

O'Ring replacement is great (future) headache free maintenance procedure.

:smiley_th

·
Concert connoisseur
2,231 Posts
I would also allow at least 24 hours for your gasket sealers to cure before filling with fluids. I did mine in two 9 hour days not counting a day for curing!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts