Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
ExNewbie..Still Learnin'!
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looks like I'm going to finally replace my stator (the "carrying a spare battery so I can get home" trick is getting old! ;) ) Anyway, I've looked through numerous stator posts but can't seem to find a definitive list of gaskets, seals, grommets, etc., that I will need to do the job right. Planning on replacing all as long as I have it torn apart. Does anyone have one or know a thread that has a list like that? Any help appreciated! (gonna need all I can get!! :( )

·
Simple Solutions
965 Posts
Looks like I'm going to finally replace my stator (the "carrying a spare battery so I can get home" trick is getting old! ;) ) Anyway, I've looked through numerous stator posts but can't seem to find a definitive list of gaskets, seals, grommets, etc., that I will need to do the job right. Planning on replacing all as long as I have it torn apart. Does anyone have one or know a thread that has a list like that? Any help appreciated! (gonna need all I can get!! :( )
if u can id recomend getting your rewounde at http://www.tpe-usa.com/ cant beat the price i just sent mine out today

·
Premium Member
4,737 Posts

·
Concert connoisseur
2,231 Posts
I have a list in my sig, under stator replacement.

·
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have a list in my sig, under stator replacement.
Thanks WIB, forgot that you had done that. :BLAM:

Appreciate the help!

·
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
if u can id recomend getting your rewounde at http://www.tpe-usa.com/ cant beat the price i just sent mine out today
Planning to do so, sounds like a great place to do business with quality workmanship. :smiley_th Will also probably send my starter motor as I think I have a flat spot or two in it.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I just got my stator back from TPE and the bike running with it. I still have charging issues but the stator is not part of that. It's putting out 20 VAC at 600 RPM and 60 VAC at 3000 RPM. Nice workmanship, not sure about the support yet, got a regulator from him at the same time but haven't been able to contact him in 2 weeks. I'm hoping he's just on vacation or something.

For gaskets since this was the 3rd time I was in that side of the bike I just used RTV silicone and it seems to be working fine. I was worried about binding on the shifter but there seems to still be plenty of clearance.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts