Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am in the process of replacing my stator. I was hoping to do it by just tilting the engine but I'm at the part where I need to move the external oil line. In the "stator replacement notes" it says to just bend the tab holding the oil line out of the way. My tab is a solid chromed piece and I just can't see how I am going to bend it out of the way and bend it back when I'm done. Has anyone got any good suggestions for this? Am I going to just have to pull the engine?

·
Captive New Yorker....
264 Posts
You can just bend it. I just did the same exact job, moving the engine out to remove the side cover. The chrome tab just bends right out of the way. When you bend it back into place when putting the cover back on it doesn't go back perfectly straight, but it's not noticeable, and it's WAY better then removing that whole oil line. You also do NOT have to remove the carbs.

Yes, you have to pull the engine to replace the stator, but you only have to move it two inches past the frame so you can slide the side cover off the shift tab. I never worked on a motorcycle before, and I just completed this job (well almost anyway). Feel free to PM me for any help. Follow the Stator replacement notes, they're great...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts