Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
I checked the meter reading on the ignition coils because I read somewhere that it could be a problem and that’s what is causing this issue.

front ignition coils read: 2.2ohms on primary windings. And 32k on secondary windings.

rear ignition coils : 2.3 ohms on primary windings.
.789 on secondary windings. ??

i kept trying and it just kept giving me that read. Is that what could possibly cause the bike to die the way it is. If so and the coil is bad why is the bike starting up and sounding like it’s even. Also why is there a spark still when I check.

·
Registered
7,901 Posts
It should still run on one cylinder, wouldn't idle unless you adjust it up by about 50%.

Does the spark look weak on that cylinder, and have you checked it right after it dies? Some faulty coils only fail when hot.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Replaced the stator.
replaced the r/r.
replaced the ignition coils.
let it sit over night with Seafoam. Replaced The gas with new gas.
recharged the battery to full.
Took it out to test her and she made it one lap so I left her running once I got back and checked the battery she was sitting at 13.5v. Went for another lap and she felt tired go back and she died in the driveway again. Checked the battery and she was at 12.5v. I’m close to dropping her over a bridge onto Kawasaki’s roof. Any help would be amazing about now.

21 - 23 of 23 Posts