Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Waitin2Ride
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I was getting ready to do the stator mod on my bike (cause I refuse to pay $500...ok, I can't afford it) and I went to test fit the machine screws into the stator to get an idea of how the depth thing was going to work out. I soon realized that the 6mm machine screws are not going to work on the stator I bought....they were too small. I pestered my wife to find me a ruler that had mm on it and measured the holes on the stator...just a hair under 7mm. Am I going to be able to do this mod using bigger screws, or is this going to cause problems along the way? Thoughts, ideas, tips, and donations of a new engine would be much appreciated.

·
ass hole extaordinaire
3,780 Posts
the center of my stator sat tight around the inside of the spacer that you cut out im thinking the wholes should be a hair bigger so the bolt can pass thru and thread into the spacer you will be cutting out

if you dont trust it i can sell you my already modified stator cover that i am not using with an electrosport stator pm me if interested

·
Waitin2Ride
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Did your mod thread thru the stator itself, or did you have a bit of play? seems to me it would thread thru the stator AND the spacer to insure alignment, since tuxedo was very adamant about hole placement being exact. I just don't wanna screw things up 'cause if I do, it's gonna be a LONG time before I ride again. money is tight, if ya know what I mean.

·
ass hole extaordinaire
3,780 Posts
the threads are in the spacer he was very precise about the hole placement for the plate he machined so that bolting everything was centered on the spacer there are no threads in the stator you will be ok as long as you cut the spacer out right and have a good mod plate

1 - 5 of 5 Posts