Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
okay it is time to bite the bullet and get a new stator. oes anyone have the number or webpage for TPE. Or the number for Rick for a stator

·
Linkmeister Supreme
7,960 Posts

·
Registered
458 Posts
Look at my post dated 3-29-2011. I asked the same question. They tell me Tim is the way to go. Ricks stators i have seen some bad reviews,

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks ol hoss

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
My Ricks stator is charging great. I couldn't get a responce from Tim ( his site was down for a week+ and no response to emails) at the time so I went with Ricks. Our local motorcycle dealer sells Ricks as an aftermarket and he said he hasn't had a single return for troubles. I do have my old stator which I am gonna send to Tim for a rebuild for a spare when the cash come availible.

·
Premium Member
4,748 Posts
IIRC, our late Lance (Ron) had to replace a Rick's stator in a member's bike that had less than 200 miles on it. Needless to say, he didn't recommend them. I believe he discovered they were made in China.

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
The Shindengen MOSFET R/R is made in China and everyone that has one swears by them. Just put one on my bike last night and damned if it ain't better than as expected. 13v idling and 14.4 at 2000 rpm. If you read the comments on Ebay you'll see that stators have had to be sent back to TPE for repair after being refurbished. Everyone has a 1 year warranty because they are man made. It Happens.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts