Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so my 86 750 kept loosing charge so i put in a new battery, well seemed to work for a day. yesterday bike died on me about 30 miles from home, a bike mechanic happend to pull up we got a charge on battery he said to pull the cover with 3 screws and check the r/r to my suprise when i pulled cover alot of old oil drained out, its funny only about 200 mile on fresh oil change, i am still in process of cleaning it out but it just keeps comming. anyone know about this??? please help.

·
Linkmeister Supreme
7,960 Posts
so my 86 750 kept loosing charge so i put in a new battery, well seemed to work for a day. yesterday bike died on me about 30 miles from home, a bike mechanic happend to pull up we got a charge on battery he said to pull the cover with 3 screws and check the r/r to my suprise when i pulled cover alot of old oil drained out, its funny only about 200 mile on fresh oil change, i am still in process of cleaning it out but it just keeps comming. anyone know about this??? please help.
I am a bit unsure what your question is.
There is crankcase oil behind the stator cover, so having some oil drain out when it is removed is normal.

Not sure how you separate and identify old oil from fresh oil after riding 200 miles. :confused:

·
1994 VN 750
26 Posts
I'm lost as well, the R/R is located under the battery box and it is normal to have oil there (engine). Sounds like you need a stator replacement!

·
HAWK
2,576 Posts
Yes behind the cover with 3 screws on the left side of teh motor is your Stator, there is suposto be oil in there.
Not sure what kind of motorcycle mechanic stoped to help you but he dont know crap!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
oil in stator

ok with 3 screw cover off stator is full of oil never seen in any other bike stators always dry. this bike it is soaked in oil and tilted bike oil just ran out though maybe a seal was gone on crank betwenn crank case and stator case lookin for those with experience with these bikes, wondering if stator is supposed to be covered in oil??

·
Registered
856 Posts
wondering if stator is supposed to be covered in oil??
Yup, normal, especially if you on the side stand, you'll get a bit more oil running out then if you were on the center stand. but there SHOULD be oil there.

·
Registered
114 Posts
When I did my pickup coil mod I got like 6 drops of oil when I removed the cover, but it was up on the center stand and not leaning. I'm guessing you would see more if the crank case was over full. The largest problem I think is that the bike isn't charging the battery.

·
Registered
194 Posts
ok with 3 screw cover off stator is full of oil never seen in any other bike stators always dry. this bike it is soaked in oil and tilted bike oil just ran out though maybe a seal was gone on crank betwenn crank case and stator case lookin for those with experience with these bikes, wondering if stator is supposed to be covered in oil??
a 2 stroke bike has a dry stator, including cr/kx/rm/yz's and the vintage street 2 smokers like my rd350's.

a 4 stroke has a wet stator, including the vn750 and the 4 stroke motocrossers. it is 100% normal.

you would have a blown seal on a 2 stroke, but not on the vn750.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts