1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
background on the issue
http://www.vn750.com/forum/showthread.php?t=36618
http://www.vn750.com/forum/showthread.php?t=36602

so i put in new sparkplugs desided to test to see if my battery was getting charged by my bike at 4k rpm 12.08 v so i test the Stator witch i just put in less then a year ago

Bike off
A:. resistance (case to stator wires),
A___0____ohm, B___0_____ohm,C_____0____ohm

B: resistance (between the three poles)

AB___3___ ohm, BC___3_____ohm, AC_____3___ohm

Bike running
C: ac volts (between the three poles)

AB__7.6___acV , AC ___7.6___acV,BC___20_____acV

did i do something wrong or do they go bad that fast i used this form for testing http://www.vn750.com/forum/showthread.php?t=12333

so the bike is running but not charging any ideas or do i need to put in a new Stator again and if so i do not want to by the same peace of junk can some one give me a link to a good one that will not cost to much

·
1986 VN750
3,255 Posts
Those stator readings are definitely bad. Only 7.6vac per pole? Ouch!

You'll want to get Tim Parrot to rewind the stator. Too many people have had electrosports/etc fail less than a year.

www.tpe-usa.com

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Those stator readings are definitely bad. Only 7.6vac per pole? Ouch!

You'll want to get Tim Parrot to rewind the stator. Too many people have had electrosports/etc fail less than a year.

www.tpe-usa.com

do i need to send him my OEM one i am not sure were it is and yea the one i got was a electrosports :(

dose he have one i can just buy if i can find my one all i see on his website is
External coil motorcycle stator rebuild
service ( used with permanent magnet
rotor )

·
1986 VN750
3,255 Posts
He needs an OEM stator for the core, but sometimes he has them on hand. Give him a call tomorrow and I bet he can take care of you. He's pretty awesome.

256-749-5459

·
knees in the breeze!!!
498 Posts
im going through the same thing ! grrrr

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
He needs an OEM stator for the core, but sometimes he has them on hand. Give him a call tomorrow and I bet he can take care of you. He's pretty awesome.

256-749-5459

he dose not answer but he did answer my email

yes i can help you. I have some eltro-sport cores .. i have rewound be glad to exchange one out or rewind yours . Tim Cost is $80 including shipping to you .

i wanted to ask if the eltro-sport core different then the OEM one should i hunt for my OEM one or are they the same i just do not want to do this job ever again after this lol

·
ass hole extaordinaire
3,780 Posts
if he said that he rewound an electro sport then it is my guess that you can just send him your e sport as the core

·
1986 VN750
3,255 Posts
he dose not answer but he did answer my email

yes i can help you. I have some eltro-sport cores .. i have rewound be glad to exchange one out or rewind yours . Tim Cost is $80 including shipping to you .

i wanted to ask if the eltro-sport core different then the OEM one should i hunt for my OEM one or are they the same i just do not want to do this job ever again after this lol
You should be OK since Tim is fine with it. Way worth the $80.. will out-perform OEM and out-last it too.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
its done :) took me 1hr 30 min to take out the stator

5hr to get the motor back in :(

getting 14.3v at any rpm

here are some pics

1 - 12 of 12 Posts