Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
bigwheel53
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I did the tuxedo stator mod.Bike was charging and ran fine.Had an oil leak witch turned out to be coming out of the area around the wires.Took a ride yesterday and when I got home the Kuryakyn volt meter flickered and the bike stopped charging.shut it down for 10 mins ,started it and it was charging again.I have it apart again and am wondering if I should can the Electrosport stator but I don't know now which way to go as far as brand.I also have an electrosport r/r relocated.the plate I got fro cox works good and is a very good fit.The cover sticks out 1/16",whats hitting,is it the nubs where the screws go thru.Is that what is holding the plate in so it doesn't walkout?I don't have a life anymore with all the time im spending trying to get this bike dependable..I dunno.im about to give up and sell it..

·
Banned
2,190 Posts
The cover sticks out 1/16",whats hitting,is it the nubs where the screws go thru.Is that what is holding the plate in so it doesn't walkout?
I keep both a felt tipped pen and correction fluid to check 'blind' clearances. One or the other, or a combination of the two usually will answer my questions about tight clearances.

·
Banned
10,354 Posts
If I remember right, you were warned against Electrosports.....

·
Banned
10,354 Posts
Hey....a few VERY local to you also offered to come by and help you out. You shunned em all. Youre offered help and advice, yet dont take it, then post more issues. How long are we supposed to keep offering you support when you push everyone away ?....I offered, KC offered, Merc I think offered....and you ignored us....should we continue your game ?

Brother....all everyone here was ever trying to do was to help you....and you ignored it all....youve ignored ride invites....what more do you really want from all of us before it gets old ?...geezus....yer 14 miles from me and I offered you help....you turned it down.....I dont understand what you'd like us to do for you....

·
Registered
442 Posts
Hey Wolfie, my petrol tank needs filling up, can you nip over and do it for me ? It's a bit hot over here and I can't be arsed myself.

·
bigwheel53
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I know help was offered especially by you Wolfie and i appreciate all the offers Im not playing games i assure you. My problem is time.If i had a string of hrs i would have called but i work nights 4pm to 4am. I work on the bike an hour when i get home and then sleep. I get up and work on it for an hour and then back to work.thats all the spare time i have ALL week.my wife keeps me busy on the weekends so i work on the bike thru the nite till 3am or so.so im at work now w my iphone trying to figure stuff out cause i dont have time at home for research.Im sorry guys ill keep low key from now on and just read Thanks again for all your help and ride safe Pete

·
Banned
10,354 Posts
Pete....Im always here to help, and Im really close....you got my number and we've talked....ya need help, Im a shout away, brother....really....we all help each other out....

Gibbo....pay for my airfare....wiseazz....lol.... ;)

·
Registered
67 Posts
Pressed for time or not, the quickest way to solve most of your problems is to search for them in the forums. Most of the time I can find my issues discussed here without ever posting a word. This is one of the most helpful, unselfish bunch of people you'll ever find.

·
Registered
442 Posts
I knew you would spot the flaw in my plan, Wolfie. Guess I'm on my own.

·
Banned
10,354 Posts
This is one of the most helpful, unselfish bunch of people you'll ever find.
Wait until you meet everybody, lolol.... ;)

I knew you would spot the flaw in my plan, Wolfie. Guess I'm on my own.
Methinks ya guess right brother, lolol.... :beerchug:

·
R/R = Relocated Redneck
628 Posts
Hey Wolfie, my petrol tank needs filling up, can you nip over and do it for me ? It's a bit hot over here and I can't be arsed myself.
Y'all need to start calling it gas... Petrol is so dang expensive...

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Banned
10,354 Posts
And when using the term petrol, you'd need to place your pinky in the air whilst sipping from your PBR, lolol.....

Just pokin ya Gibb..... ;) :beerchug:

·
Registered
442 Posts
What exactly does "dang" mean? I assume by "pinky" one is referring to my little finger? You Americans do have a way with language, do you not. Gas is what powers my heating boiler and is not to be confused with petroleum spirit, paraffin, or diesel oil. I do enjoy these cultural exchanges. Lol

·
Registered
442 Posts
Well I'll be danged ! Yet another thing I have learned from the forum.

·
Banned
10,354 Posts
See dat ???...and I bet yooz done thunk we was all a bunch of illiterated boobs....lol ;)....

...just colloqualisms, my friend....even travelling from one part of North America to another, there are many dialects....I speak on the phone with folks from Texas, and often need to ask "what ?"....lol

You should come visit some time....rent a bike here....Id take you for the Northeast Tour....all the lands which the Empire had lost first, lol....poke poke...but honestly....come for a visit....my son goes to the UK numerous times per year....just remember, we get snow here in winter...lots of it !

·
Registered
442 Posts
Thanks for the invite, we had 5 whole inches of snow this winter! The whole of the country ground to a halt, except me and my old S3 Land rover.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts