Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My stator is replaced:pepper: First let me say that I wouldnt even have attempted this on my own on my '86 with 20k miles with out the knowledge that I have gained from all of you on this site, thanks a lot:smiley_th. I am no mechanic but am handy enough with a wrench so I did not want to give any of my $$$ to the stealer for labor('cause I am cheap:). This repair, even with pulling the engine, was much easier than I thought it would be. I did the whole job without an extra set of hands so it can be done and I learned a lot about the bike in the process. The charging system now works great. I have a Heads Up volt meter and it is now always showing a green light except when at idle and then if I just goose it a little it is green again:rockon: While I was at it I decided to do the ear shave(sherms) and new pipes(V&H cruizers). Also replaced fork seals(I admit I needed the wife to help for a minute getting the clips on and off while I pushed on the springs) Already had the MF battery and r/r relocate.:smiley_th. If anyone is considering doing this yourself, you can do it, take it slow and label everything take pictures if you think you might need them

thanks
Cheman

·
Registered
46 Posts
Excellent! well done mate ;)

is sherms www.shermscycleproducts.com?? because i couldnt find an ear shave kit on there?

do they use the 140 main jet in their kit?

Cheers, and well done again!!

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes, that is the link for Sherm's. Go to the products page and click on "air filter kits BUBF twin carb" and you will see the ear shave kit $168. It comes with a
Factory Pro kit with main jets of 140 142 and 145. pilot jet 40.

·
Registered
46 Posts
cool, thanks man!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts