Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New to this site, glad i found it. I have a 2005 VN750. It has sat for only a couple months. I recharged the battery to get it going and it is a bit hard to start. When i get it started I can baby it a bit to get it going down the road, but when i get on the throttle what little power i had just goes away, its like theres nothing there, no power at all. Any suggestions to lead me in the right direction. Thanks !!

·
Registered
166 Posts
Seafoam!!

·
Premium Member
4,778 Posts
Put 1/2 can of Sea Foam in a tank of fresh gas and take it for a long ride. You'll both feel better. Next time you store it for any length of time, add Sea Foam to the gas, put the battery on a tender, and you probably won't have this problem.

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well I did what you suggested, Put fresh gas in the tank added 1/2 can of seafoam took 3 times around the block and the power was back. Not quite sure if the seafoam acted that quick or if it would of happened without the seafoam. But im sure my carbs liked the washing. Also i was reading some post's and came across some suggestions about getting rid of the lead acid battery (non maint free). So i got rid of my cheap 40$ battery and got the yuasa equilevent. $96.00 ouch. What a difference, Thanks for the help.
:motorcycl

·
Premium Member
4,778 Posts
We would have steered you to the Deka/East Penn US made battery on ebay if we knew you were shopping for one. About $20-30 less, and very well built! Coupled with iridium plugs, hard starting becomes a thing of the past.

·
Linkmeister Supreme
7,960 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts