Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
796 Posts

·
Drive less, ride more...
1,114 Posts
For what it's worth: a reputable dealer in western FL recommended Startron to me (and no, he doesn't sell it himself) after we discussed the topic of storing bikes for extended periods of time with 10% alcohol fuel in the fuel tank.

The product basically works something like this: the alcohol in the fuel will attract moisture (if given enough time). This moisture of course plays games with your bike in more than one bad way.

The Startron additive intercepts this fuel/moisture process. He says he's used it enough to be confident it works.

If you plan on parking your bike and not riding it for lengthy periods of time (like for winter storage) then I would use it as directed. Also: make sure you have run enough of it to get up in your bike's carbs (if so equipped).

Otherwise, if you're riding your bike often enough to burn through a tank of fuel every other month or so....you're probably just as well off with something else instead (like the "SeaFoam" additive).

For those interested, the easiest way to get Startron is to look in the boating section at your local Walmart. It's usually there.

http://mystarbrite.com/startron//content/view/100/136/lang,en/

·
Registered
796 Posts
So it is yet a new additive on the market that does the same thing as Seafoam and K100. I say if you trust it use it. Anything is better then nothing. Here in the far north the K100 works best on faze separation where in temps below 50 degrees the ethanol separates from the fuel. I did extensive tests with straight fuel, Stabil (blue) marine, Seafoam, and K100-mg and the K100 had the best results. So for me K100 is the additive of choice. My results are in an older thread. Each region has it's own type of elements so what works for me may not be needed or work for someone else down south. It's all good and having a variety is a good thing. :smiley_th

1 - 5 of 5 Posts