Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive got a 1986 Vulcan vn750. im having starting problems. My battery sits at 12.7 volts. When I start it nothing happens. I tried shorting the starter solenoid and it turns but doesn't get running. This leads me to believe that there is a problem with the wires between the kill switch and start button. I've checked all the wires but I can't find any issues.

·
Registered
656 Posts
As your 1st post I'm sure some members would like to see an introduction in the Newbie section before you ask for help.......perhaps you could look in the verses??????

·
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
16,093 Posts
no thanks. please just tell me what you think the problem might be
no thanks...search engines work well

Sent from my LGL34C using Tapatalk

·
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
16,093 Posts
we just like people to introduce each other,and Pauly asked nice.just a hi my name is Billy I live in Blahblah,Indiana. I have a little wrenching exp. and have been riding for blah blah years.just a common courtesy,that's all.you'll get a better reaction that way,pretty much anywhere you go.it's just a minute or two of your time to introduce yourself as we give back a minute or two to help you,instead of being rude back.I hope you understand

Reactions: JimmyMac

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for explaining how the culture is on this site and I respect how you guys roll. However, I still don't care for introductions or socializing. As explained earlier I would like to fix my bike.

Now as for my original post. I hope I included enough information about the problem. I can provide more information if needed.

·
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
16,093 Posts
don't worry someone should answer your post.good luck with your problem

·
Sparky!!!
8,697 Posts
Thanks for explaining how the culture is on this site and I respect how you guys roll. However, I still don't care for introductions or socializing. As explained earlier I would like to fix my bike.

Now as for my original post. I hope I included enough information about the problem. I can provide more information if needed.
ya wanna fix your bike go fix it.
you want to come into our clubhouse and start talking smack... like Doc said... google it.

·
1986 VN750
3,255 Posts

·
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
16,093 Posts
tanner to the rescue you're my hero

·
Registered
1,286 Posts

Check voltage on pin 3.

·
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
16,093 Posts
I like pin 69

Reactions: michiganteddybear

·
2000 VN 750 Senior Member
2,494 Posts
Seems as if some Newbies can do anything they want and get away with it and yet long time members that put in the blood. sweat and tears (or even beers) get banned for life. Very interesting. I believe that those members that mentioned an introduction was called for did so with respect and yet did not receive that in return. Not only does this Newbie not want to follow our normal ways there was disrespect towards long standing members and we had other members willing to ignore the requests and attempt to feed out additional information. I view that as a slap in the face to our regulars. This one just wants information and doesn't even want to read the sections pointed out to have the information needed. Maybe one of the ever so helpful members could go over and do the actual work on the bike in question so the Newbie doesn't have to get a little grease on their hands too. This place seems to be going down lower and lower all the time. "I want I want when I want it and you owe it to me." seems to be the new way of thinking not only here but all over. Makes me glad I am from a different generation that was taught respect for all and isn't locked under the entitlement concept.

·
2000 VN 750 Senior Member
2,494 Posts
no thanks. please just tell me what you think the problem might be
The problem might be just about anything since you gave limited information.

Hey whats the problem? I just want to ride my bike.
We want to ride also and maybe we shouldn't spend time trying to figure out your problem with your lack of cooperation and just ride our own machines.

Maybe you can provide more information but you haven't so why should we bother. I guess it is our culture and possibly your lack of culture. We also wouldn't want to be too friendly and answer your question straight out because then it may be considered to be a form of "socializing" and that is against your principles. We are just trying to respect your ways. You just can't fix s............ If you filled in the blank then it is on you. lol

·
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
16,093 Posts
I'm gonna start giving goat's asses out cause NOBODY gives out goat's asses.

·
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
16,093 Posts
Seems as if some Newbies can do anything they want and get away with it and yet long time members that put in the blood. sweat and tears (or even beers) get banned for life. Very interesting. I believe that those members that mentioned an introduction was called for did so with respect and yet did not receive that in return. Not only does this Newbie not want to follow our normal ways there was disrespect towards long standing members and we had other members willing to ignore the requests and attempt to feed out additional information. I view that as a slap in the face to our regulars. This one just wants information and doesn't even want to read the sections pointed out to have the information needed. Maybe one of the ever so helpful members could go over and do the actual work on the bike in question so the Newbie doesn't have to get a little grease on their hands too. This place seems to be going down lower and lower all the time. "I want I want when I want it and you owe it to me." seems to be the new way of thinking not only here but all over. Makes me glad I am from a different generation that was taught respect for all and isn't locked under the entitlement concept.
BRING BACK WOLFIE. BRING BACK WOLFIE.BRING BACK WOLFIE yes Tom,I'm glad as well to be of that generation

·
Super Moderator
2,570 Posts
as previously said, search engines work well for finding answers, I use them every day in my job.

Now, with said search engines, you can find free service manual for the bike. contains ALL the information needed to troubleshoot your problem. if your incapable of troubleshooting it yourself, then dont come knocking on our door looking for help without being polite enough to follow our customs and traditions.

·
Super Moderator
11,868 Posts

Well then, I wouldn't expect too much help with that attitude. Forums by their very nature are "social environments" ... You don't bite the hand that feeds you.
(That's why Wolfie isn't here)....and that's why you'll find it easier to get help if you're not rude. Knowing how much experience you have working on bikes is needed to know how specific our instructions to help you need to be.

From your post all I can understand from it is the starter doesn't work when you push the start button, but bypassing the switch shows the starter motor does work. So, kinda sounds like somethings wrong with switch. I'd start there.

·
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
16,093 Posts
people tend to bite back when bitten,especially canines those who make knives would act very similar in that situation

1 - 20 of 41 Posts