Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know you guys have helped me alot on a few questions. I now have a new problem and am stumped.

I try to start my bike and all I get is one click from the solenoid and then nothing. Battery is fine, switched out solenoids, had the starter tested starter was fine. So have no idea now what to do.

Edit: when the starter was tested at autozone the starter spun good but then the test failed. Don't know what that means and autozone person didn't know either.

·
Registered
285 Posts
I all my years of working on vehicles I have not ever had a starter tested at a parts place so excuse my ignorance but what exactly happens when a starter fails a test at Autozone?

Also, my go to first recommendation for any starter related problem is to be 100% sure all the electrical ground and positive cable connections are cleaned to bare metal and the larger cables from the battery have solid connectors on them with no loose ends (then check the fuses on the Junction Box). Any hot wire smells? I presume the parts place checked your battery to ensure it is up to par?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
They test the starter and the starter spins and supposed to say passed test ok starter but mine spun but failed I'm not sure. But after thinking, I don't think my starter is grounded right.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts