Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Am I correct you should never under any circumstances start the bike or crank over while its up on the center stand?

Newbie question, sorry.

·
Commander
27 Posts
I haven't heard that one before. I put mine on the center stand all the time, and I generally do at least a five-minute warm-up before starting out. I've never had any problems from starting it while on the center stand.

Sent from my XT1093 using Tapatalk

·
..have a vulcan good day!
4,508 Posts
Am I correct you should never under any circumstances start the bike or crank over while its up on the center stand?

Newbie question, sorry.
I've never known it to make a difference.....a cold engine needs a few seconds for renewed oil lubrication either way.... :smile2:

·
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
16,093 Posts
That's New to me.the only danger I could see is if it's running on center stand in gear and vibrates forward...otherwise the bike is in the upright position like it is supposed to be in when running

·
Super Moderator
2,570 Posts
no problem starting/cranking on center stand, just use common sense. such as if the rear wheel is on ground, make certain your in neutral, or have clutch pulled in.

·
Registered
499 Posts
no problem starting/cranking on center stand, just use common sense. such as if the rear wheel is on ground, make certain your in neutral, or have clutch pulled in.
I'd say neutral no matter what. I know of someone whose bike was in gear on the center stand and it got knocked off. Had enough stability to take off on its own.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Cool, I guess I was overly cautious and wrong about stability. thats why I ask! thanks

Is there like a scan of any of the Vulcan's user manuals (not the full TSM for repairs) that address' basic things like this question, proper choke use etc.,?

·
..have a vulcan good day!
4,508 Posts
Cool, I guess I was overly cautious and wrong about stability. thats why I ask! thanks

Is there like a scan of any of the Vulcan's user manuals (not the full TSM for repairs) that address' basic things like this question, proper choke use etc.,?
There are a few threads addressing new bike owners "Need to Know"...great info for newbies. I was a newbie once.....
go to "Forum tab".....look for "Threads"...you will find great/much info & questions answered you have not thought of.....
enjoy :wink2:

Reactions: jonlandrum

·
Registered
570 Posts
I'd say neutral no matter what. I know of someone whose bike was in gear on the center stand and it got knocked off. Had enough stability to take off on its own.
No way... omg... are you serious?

It must've been a male bike. Was there a female bike around?

·
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
16,093 Posts
I lube the chain on my cb750 with the bike running in gear on the center stand

·
Super Moderator
11,864 Posts
I lube the chain on my cb750 with the bike running in gear on the center stand
I know a guy that lost a finger doing that...he grabbed a towel to wipe off the excess oil while the it was running in gear, rag got caught, pulled his hand into the sprocket.

Isn't there a link to download an owners manual? (Not the shop manual)
Sounds like that's what you need there gidaeon....

·
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
16,093 Posts
I know a guy that lost a finger doing that...he grabbed a towel to wipe off the excess oil while the it was running in gear, rag got caught, pulled his hand into the sprocket.

Isn't there a link to download an owners manual? (Not the shop manual)
Sounds like that's what you need there gidaeon....
I just use my tongue...

Reactions: jonlandrum
1 - 14 of 14 Posts