Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
650 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First non-lethally frigid (and non-work) day in NY today. I was wondering how hard it would be to start 'ole Priscilla up after a long winter of sleeping under a cover in the garage.

I replaced the O-Ring first on my petcock since it had been leaking. After fixing that (took about 15 minutes) I gave her some fresh gas (with a bit o' Seafoam), hooked her up to the charger and crossed my fingers.

Only took a few tries and she fired right up! Sounds great....Not too shabby for 21 years old!

I don't have insurance on her yet this year so I just drove her down the driveway and back up to make sure everything still worked and had the wife check all the signals when I hit the brake, turn the directionals and hit the hazards, etc...

Unfortunately, she needs a new battery, can't start her without the charger...so I'm off to do some internet shopping. Haven't decided which battery to go with yet, time to re-read the Verses.:doh:

·
Geek
872 Posts
I was out today too. Really nice. Put on about 110 miles.

·
Registered
36 Posts
East Coast riders

I was able to get in good rides yesterday and today - New York, Ct., Mass., and a very little bit of Vermont. Lot of bikes on the roads and it felt great to be on two wheels without too much cold-weather gear.

Rick

·
Registered
50 Posts
Was able to get in a 150+ mile ride, almost a walk. Went on reserve at 164 miles, found gas station at 179 miles took 3.41 gal to fill. Very nice ride, I think spring is in the air.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts