Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
young buck
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok my 95 750 is stalling every time i ride sitting on the seat. If i sit back on the passenger seat she comes back to life no problem's. Is there a wire im crushing or something?

I checked The battery connections are tight
I looked for exposed wires have not seen any

i don't know what to do next any help would be grate

Andy

·
Premium Member
5,236 Posts
Take the seat off and look for wires between it and the frame,I gotta admit this is a new one on me.

·
MANIC MECHANIC
943 Posts
:) you're just going to have to sit on the handle bars. thats all i can tell you

·
young buck
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Premium Member
3,505 Posts
The bundle of wires in the wiring harness on the left side look a little suspicious to me. I enlarged your pics and there are lots of open spots in the electrical tape where bits of colored wire are sticking out. Also a bunch of tears and such that might be causing problems if there's a worn spot in the hidden wires. In addition, that piece is sitting above your battery, so it's more than possible that when you sit down, you're disturbing that bundle.

I'd pull all of those connections and take the electrical tape off to see if you have any broken or frayed wires under the tape. Also pull your ground wire (to frame) on the left side and make sure you have good contact there (I can envision sitting on the saddle, hitting that bundle, and the bundle coming up and messing with the ground contact).

Finally, and completely unrelated, you might consider getting a maintenance-free battery. There's some acid leaking out of one of the battery ports on the far right side. In addition to messing up other wires (eventually), you can have some significant challenges in the heat with these batteries. A maintenance-free one would save you a world of trouble. :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts