Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,
I was merging onto an onramp, a 90 deg. right turn, and my ride stalled. I straightened up, hit the start button and it immediately started. I continued onto the highway and made my way home. When I got into the yard, I had to back up while turning right. The bike stalled again. I straightened up and it started right up.. I said to myself "Self, maybe turning right has something to do with the bike cutting off". So I tried turning right again and it did it again...
Anybody got any ideas of whats going on? I think its kinda clear it would be electrical, but where?

·
Chasin' the blacktop
1,498 Posts
Got me stumped but would have to agree with SV on this one.

·
2,519 Posts
Yup, sounds like you have a wire rubbing. I had a similar thing happen to me except it blew my 30a main fuse every time. Check where the wires come around the left side of the neck cover and up into you headlamp and gauges.

·
Registered
223 Posts
I had the same issue a year ago, one of the wires on the ignition had broken free. I had to re-solder it which isnt the easiest as its a tight spot but problem free since then.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for responding everyone.. I think I've got some wires pulling around the neck area causing my issue..
I'll get the headlight off, twist the handlebars and see what I can see..

·
2000 VN 750 Senior Member
2,494 Posts
I had the same problem except I kept loosing the main fuse. The dealer charged me $278 to replace the fuse only to have the same thing happen when I backed the bike into my garage after picking it up from the stealership. I found the problem to be a pinched wire right at the lock nub on the neck. taped and used shrink wrap on the wire along with proper wire ties to keep the bundle away from that location and never had a problem again. I dealt with the dealership afterwards and ended up with $350 dollars in gift certificates and added discounts so I consider us even although I will never send my bike there again. Check that location first and check each wire one at a time by separating from the larger bundle. My bike only had the problem on hard right turns.

·
Banned
10,354 Posts
Yep....check yer wire routing (pinching/pulling)....may as well check the cables too....sounds like someone's worked on it before you....proper routing is real important on this bike...

There's a tab on the tree thats used to lock the forks...thats a VERY possible location for pinching....

·
Sparky!!!
8,697 Posts
Thanks for responding everyone.. I think I've got some wires pulling around the neck area causing my issue..
I'll get the headlight off, twist the handlebars and see what I can see..
Take off the neck covers too. You need too be able to see the red connector under the left neck cover because it goes to the right hand switches... I.e. Kill switch

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yep....check yer wire routing (pinching/pulling)....may as well check the cables too....sounds like someone's worked on it before you....proper routing is real important on this bike...

There's a tab on the tree thats used to lock the forks...thats a VERY possible location for pinching....
Take off the neck covers too. You need too be able to see the red connector under the left neck cover because it goes to the right hand switches... I.e. Kill switch

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
Good stuff... I'll get in their and take a close look.. Thanks for the input..

1 - 11 of 11 Posts