Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
950 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I poured some straight Seafoam into the fuel lines. Let it sit there for a few hours. Took a little while to start and when it did puffed smoke. try to ride and soon as any amount of throttle is applied no matter how small it dies. it idles just fine. right now the engine is fully warmed up. so I know that it has to be running regular fuel now. but still soon as I apply the throttle it dies. the choke open or closed doesn't matter.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Jace
I had the same problem, but I ran mine through the tank. Ended up taking the petcock apart and cleaning it. I guess it broke some gunk loss and stoped up the pc. Also I ran some straight through the right carb, wrong thing to do, burnt the right pipe realy bad. From now on I will only use it as directed.:rockon:

·
Registered
96 Posts
By the By when it gets into the carbs it will smoke like a mosiquito sprayer for a while. It may have losened som gunk in the carbs, hope you dont have to take them down for a cleaning.

·
Simple Solutions
965 Posts
try and hose the carbs with carb cleaner... then apply a lil starter fluid and see if u can force the bike into the upper rpm range ... once there try and plug the carbs by hand one at a time at high rpms to see if u can suck whatever gunk may be in there through... if this doesnt work it may be carb dunk time...

·
Premium Member
4,054 Posts
What did it do before you tried the seafoam bath? Just curious as to what caused you to want to do a full soaking. I'm not saying you shouldn't have done it, just wondering what the symptoms were before the seafoam.

It sounds like something is clogging your main jets or your float valves won't let enough fuel in to do anything but idle. Could be the seafoam loosened up some gunk and it got shifted somewhere else in the carbs.

·
Registered
950 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
it seems to be okay now. I was trying to use the seafoam to clean everything out. guess I did. got her up to 100 and she ran fine.
now I have a new gremlin. No headlight. bulb checks out and fuse is okay. and the headlight indicator doesn't work either, and when I flip the lites from low to high the highbeam indicator doesn't lite up either. only thing I did electronically is stand up and whallop my head on the underside of the left controls. I am going to post this info in the electronic section also.

·
Registered
950 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I think I hit the clitch more then the actual control. I have no power at the fuse box either. all other lights work

1 - 8 of 8 Posts