Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Found this on another group.

http://www.motostrano-store.com/kpenststoilf.html

Their sizing leaves much to be desired. There is no way to really tell if they have one that fits our bike.

But I wanted to know if anyone had any opinions. The site I got it from people questions the ability of really being able to clear out all the crud properly and concerns about the tears in the filter causing more problems (metal instead of paper bits getting into the engine). The reason I would consider it, is I like the looks of it on the outside.

Comments, Concerns, input, Ferris?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Total BS and false marketing claims. This is from the MOBIL-1 website (I use purolator myself- I think they make the MOBIL filters anyways.)

"For a single-pass test, an oil sample is intentionally contaminated with glass beads in a known size (very small beads in our case). The oil is then passed through the filter and the level of contamination is measured after filtration. The Mobil 1 High Efficiency Oil Filter has a single-pass efficiency of 98 percent for 10- to 20-micron contaminants vs. an average of 85 percent for conventional filters."

http://www.mobil1.com/index.jsp

That stainless filter is CRAP.

NMO, regards, Kelly
(not my opinion, but fact)

·
Registered
226 Posts
its too expensive for me if I read that right it would be over $100.00 for our brand of bike.

I was impressed by the appearance though.

Too bad they dont offer the same elements as In the disposable filter you could replace, and still see what was caught in your engine easily....
for less $$ of cource.

1.97 supertech is hard to beat in my book
look up the one for the mazda 97 model rx6 with V6, it is bigger than the ST6607, it is the ST7317. It fits my bike perfectly and is working well. (If it is good enough flow wise for a V6, you know it is well suited for our bike!!
Beavis

·
Registered
134 Posts
There are 2 or 3 guys (out of of 3,000) on my Suzuki forum using that thing. I think it's made by Scotts and they do make nice quality stuff. I am warry of this filter and will be until suffucient testing proves it really works and lasts. As for me I have SuperTech and Amsoil filters on the shelf which should hold me for quite a few yrs.

·
Registered
115 Posts
See my new thread titled "The truth & myth of oil & air filter" concerning stainless steel oil filters.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts