Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have noticed that when I take off from a stop, and I get a little heavy with the throttle my clutch squeals really badly and really loudly.
Under normal throttle and shifting it works fine. It don't slip, and it shifts nice and smooth.
The cable is adjusted fine, and I noticed when I first take off when she's cold, the clutch is a little sticky, but I chalked it up to being cold and not fully warmed up.
On my next teardown, I'm gong to drill small holes in the side of the basket for the oil drainage and coffee grinder issues.
On a side note, I know the clutch doesn't slip as I have done a few burnouts in my garage on smooth concrete. No longer than about 30 seconds or so, just enough to piss of the neighbors. :wow:

·
Premium Member
4,054 Posts
If it only does it when it is cold then it's the coffee grinder grab and squeal we all have experienced. I learned from someone on the forum that while you are warming up the bike if you pump the clutch about 10-12 times it helps get it calmed down. You just have to take off calmly the first few minutes of a ride.
The 1500's have their own personality. If you just squeeze the clutch and leave the bike in 1st gear to start it when cold, you might launch through the garage wall into the living room because the clutch gets stuck together and doesn't want to let go.

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Fergy, I took her out for a ride yesterday, and it made the noise till it warmed up and it went away.
So I figured it was the coffee grinder syndrome. I will pump the clutch while she is warming up.
I had an old Kawasaki 440 LTD that would want to launch as well.
I couldn't get it into gear while cold, so I would put it in gear and start it and I would have to hold the front brake so she wouldn't take off on me.
These old gals have a mind of their own. :)

·
..have a vulcan good day!
4,508 Posts
Thanks Fergy, I took her out for a ride yesterday, and it made the noise till it warmed up and it went away.
So I figured it was the coffee grinder syndrome. I will pump the clutch while she is warming up.
I had an old Kawasaki 440 LTD that would want to launch as well.
I couldn't get it into gear while cold, so I would put it in gear and start it and I would have to hold the front brake so she wouldn't take off on me.
These old gals have a mind of their own. :)
...just a thought....
Which are you running... 10-40 or 20-50 weight oil ?
Where are you located...northern or southern US ?
How hot or cold is the air temp when you start the bike cold ?
I am curious.
Thanks
WilliamTech :smiley_th

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm running 10W40, I live in Idaho, so the northwest.
Temps are in the mid to upper 90's during the day, and in the lower 50's at night.
It's usually in the mid 80's when I start her up.
Half the time I don't even need the choke to get her to fire.

·
Registered
509 Posts
My Refund

I've tried to PM you to keep this out of the public forum. You will not read my PM's so I guess I will have to bring this out in the open. I sent you money through Pay-Pal on November 7 of 2011 for an exhaust system and other parts that you never sent to me. I would like for you to refund that to me through Pay-Pal.

Mcneuby

·
ass hole extaordinaire
3,780 Posts
I've tried to PM you to keep this out of the public forum. You will not read my PM's so I guess I will have to bring this out in the open. I sent you money through Pay-Pal on November 7 of 2011 for an exhaust system and other parts that you never sent to me. I would like for you to refund that to me through Pay-Pal.

Mcneuby
oh he used paypal? did you send the money as payment for goods?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts