Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1996 Vulcan, fixed all the major issues that have come up such as ACCT to MCCT, Stator, RR etc... A few months ago when i started the bike up there is this squealing/chirping sound thats coming from the area of the clutch basket, sometimes there will be a vibration in the peg, not always but sometimes. It starts up fine and rides fine but i dont want to be riding it without knowing what the issue could possibly be. 2 years ago or so i replaced the stock(20 year old) clutch with the recommended EBC racing clutch/springs that my son found on this site. Anyone have any idea what could possibly be the issue?

Thanks for your advice.

·
2000 VN 750 Senior Member
2,494 Posts
I have a 1996 Vulcan, fixed all the major issues that have come up such as ACCT to MCCT, Stator, RR etc... A few months ago when i started the bike up there is this squealing/chirping sound thats coming from the area of the clutch basket, sometimes there will be a vibration in the peg, not always but sometimes. It starts up fine and rides fine but i dont want to be riding it without knowing what the issue could possibly be. 2 years ago or so i replaced the stock(20 year old) clutch with the recommended EBC racing clutch/springs that my son found on this site. Anyone have any idea what could possibly be the issue?

Thanks for your advice.
I guess you haven't spent much time reading here because we usually like to see an introduction under the Newbie Check-In heading as a first post which would include a little information about your riding/wrenching experience and your location. You probably will still get the information needed but please take the time to do the introduction when possible. It seems strange that your join date is July 2015 and yet this is your first actual post

Some members have drilled their clutch baskets for better lubrication. Make sure that the sound you hear is actually coming from that particular item on the bike. You can do a "search" function here and find all the threads with information regarding the clutch. I wish you good luck and look forward to your introduction soon.

Reactions: OleDirtyDoc
1 - 2 of 2 Posts